+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Baby not sleeping through the night? chat here...

threepigs inspired this thread for mums to chat about how bad (or good) their night was...to vent, to listen, to have a chat to someone else in a similar situation...

I know I really needed this sort of thing with my first son (3-6 times a night I was up) and this one has some bad nights to, add a toddler to the mix and I sometimes feel like I have been up all night...

anyway, it's nice to have some sort of support system, so i thought that this would be a great idea...thanks threepigs...
    Last edited by Kangaskippy; 30-01-2009 at 08:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think this a great idea
    I know i would love a place to go and chat when DD has had a rotten night.
    It's been good the last couple of nights but i'm sure i'll be back here when it turns to heck ( it doesn't)

Nomsie is offline Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Well... I was up twice last night, which is pretty good. 1am and then again at 3:40am...
    B was saturated when I picked him up at 3:40am.. sos I had to strip him off and put him in dry clothes and then change his bed as well.. all the while he was crying, hungry. I was stressed because I didn't want him to wake L (If one wakes in the middle of the night, I grab the other too and sort of "dream-feed" them) arghhh!

Does anyone else feel as though the biggest battle is the actual PUTTING to sleep?

(Thanks for the thread, Kangaskippy )

threepigs is offline It's true - there are really four of us ;-)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It does help to share doesn't it...at least you know you aren't alone and when a good night eventually comes our way (like MM) at least we can celebrate that together and feel comforted by the knowledge that yes, eventually, they DO sleep (and thus so might we )

Looking forward to meeting all our current and future sleep deprived mums.

Who do we lobby to get the toothpick emoticon?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post

Does anyone else feel as though the biggest battle is the actual PUTTING to sleep?
    Yes! Sometimes it takes me hours just to get DD to sleep in the first place.

Nomsie is offline Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Exactly! I have been known to work on a child for 4 or 5 hours- it's not that they aren't tired it's more like they are OVERtired, and fight it to the end! Made all the worse normally that I am home alone trying to do it with two.
    I get one down and then have to start all over again!

(Ooh, where did THAT come from? )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nomsie ~ I generally feed bub to sleep, but if he wakes up when I put him in his cot, i just tell him to go to sleep and leave the room...sometimes it takes about 5mins of grizzling before he goes to sleep, but if he is really crying, i just get him up, check nappy etc, sit him up with me watching tv for a bit till he shows signs of sleepiness again, then feed again, mostly it can take from half hour to an hour doing this but can take up to 3hrs at times...

It's worse when it's in the middle of the night...argggh, i HATE that...and have sometimes given him to my sleeping DH and told him to "do something" cause everything I have tried isn't working...usually this results in me coming back in 10-30mins and trying again...I can't help myself!! He can be too damn cute and frustrating at the same time!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    Exactly! I have been known to work on a child for 4 or 5 hours- it's not that they aren't tired it's more like they are OVERtired, and fight it to the end! Made all the worse normally that I am home alone trying to do it with two.
    I get one down and then have to start all over again!

(Ooh, where did THAT come from? )
    I'm with you Nomsie. DD can be so tired but she will fight it all the way. I was feeding to sleep but it stopped being effective a while ago as she will sleep but wake up after feeding.
    I don't know how i would cope with two.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had days when bub fights sleep all day and won't sleep unless attached to me...this sort of day sux big time as I can't do anything!!!

I just can't get how they can fight sleep so much, my toddler does it for hours!! and then they still get up early! it's a wonder they can survive on so little sleep too...I know I can't, not without being a super cranky mummy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hellooooooo my gritty eyed friends!