ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Parents failing to toilet train their children

Has anyone else seen this? I find it absolutely absurd!

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...88-421,00.html

There is a limited number of excuses in my mind why a child should not be toilet trained by their parents before starting school, and obviously there are cases of children who fit into this catagory, however it should not be a common thing.

It took us over 6 months to toilet train our youngest child (my step son) and if we can do that then anyone can. The problems we had with him was that everytime he saw his mother he would be smacked and screamed at if he had an accident, whereas with us we'd shrug it off and just get changed and move on. We were told that we were being lazy and should push him more, but by holding him back from 2 visits with his mother he was there. Amazing what not being screamed at can do for a child.

It's not that hard - are parents really at that point where they just can't be bothered with their kids except when they need them to show them off? It really makes my blood boil.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    my dd was toilet trained, and never had an issue.. until she started school.. she wet her pants a few times.. however it turned out she was being bullied, and this kid wouldnt let her go to the toilet..

accidents i understand.. but yeah not even bothering to do it is appalling, they dont just learn as they get older..

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If you would like to come over and show me how its its done your more then welcome too, I will welcome any expert on the subject

Whispers is offline Ocupation: Mother of 3, yes it's job, one of the hardest and one of the greatest.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Some kids may take longer to train mine where fully tt at over just 2 years old. And my sisters child was 3 and a half.

However I do think a child who has no issues concerning there health ect; and is starting school should be toilet trained

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikenzees mum View Post
    If you would like to come over and show me how its its done your more then welcome too, I will welcome any expert on the subject
    Oh, I'm not expert. I know that there is a group for which this is not possible, however for the majority I find it amazing. I remember another article a few months back where at a private school over half the class still wore nappies on their first day and the parents were shocked that the school did not just accept it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    and obviously there are cases of children who fit into this catagory, however it should not be a common thing.

[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenzees mum View Post

Amy . No-one would question you or Miki on her being toilet trained.

But I do agree with the sentiment that most kids should be well and truely toilet trained before school starts.

There was a few preppies when DS first started that wore pullups to school

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister wasn't toilet trained till she was 6 years old. She just didn't have the control there. Myself and my other siblings were all TT by the time we were 2!

But fot there to be so many that aren't trained is a bit of an eye opener...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That was a strange article. It started off about children not being toilet-trained before starting school and then went on about the education department allowing students to use past exams to help them pass.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i'm failing to train my 3 yr old, please come and help me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HousebumMum View Post
    That was a strange article. It started off about children not being toilet-trained before starting school and then went on about the education department allowing students to use past exams to help them pass.
    i know, i didnt get the point of the article either