+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello just an update from me. AF arrived yesterday told her I wasn't happy to see her and would appreciate if she didn't show up next month.
    Back to the drawing board, I am O.K about it, a little bit relieved knowing that my PMS symptoms will be gone in a couple of days, I've had these for weeks!
    Thanks for all your support. Until next month...
    Brooke

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry the witch turned up Brooke, glad to hear you are remaining postive about it. next month is YOUR month

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Update #2

Hi guys its been a little while

I have some good news! I am pregnant! After 10 months of trying I am relieved and happy...
    although I'm a little anxious and have a couple of concerns....

- I have killer period pain, it wont go away. I am currently 5 days late..have done numerous tests all positivel...whats going on?

- Mum keeps saying I have to go to the doctors to then get a blood test and then get a form to book into the hospital! Please explain this to me! I am freaking out...I just found out and now I have to book in already to have it?!!

- Yesterday I got nits from the kids at school and used a nit wash from the chemist..that said dont use during pregnancy. I didnt know I was pregnant until last night..now I feel guilty and extrmemely worried...could any damage come from this?

- Last one I promise....how long do you wait to tell people? I am five weeks..my mum reckons wait until 6 weeks...but all of my friends have said 12 weeks.

Any advice is appreciated, I thought this was going to be exciting, now IM really worried and stressed!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Brooke,

Firstly congratulations to you

the period pain is completely normal and more than likely implantation pain (I think it is called). I had that for quite a few weeks so don't get too worried about it.

Depending on where you are having your bub. If private you need to phone the OB that you want to got with to see if they have any availability for you. Lots of OB's fill up fast and you have to be quick. Once you find your OB depending on where they deliver you will have to book in to the hospital as well.
    Not sure how public system works sorry

I wouldn't worry too much about the nitwash. It is done now and many things are done before you find out you are pregnant. (I had drunk way too much with my DD before I found out I was pregnant).

I wouldn't tell anyone until 12 weeks, by that time you have had a scan to make sure heartbeat is there and all is well.

Ok I hope that helps you a little bit.

Again congratulations

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats FANTASTIC news Brooke

Its a good idea to get a blood test from your gp, just to make sure your hcg levels are rising nicely. You dont have to book into a hosptial straight away, but your gp will ask you which hosptial your prefer to have you bub in and then he will refer you to the hosptial, then they will send you a letter with some info about the hospital and you`ll go from there.
    In regards to tell people, i would definatly wait untill your 12 weeks. I found out the hard way thats is best to wait.
    Congrats again, im so happy for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brookestar View Post
    Hi guys its been a little while

I have some good news! I am pregnant! After 10 months of trying I am relieved and happy...
    although I'm a little anxious and have a couple of concerns....

- I have killer period pain, it wont go away. I am currently 5 days late..have done numerous tests all positivel...whats going on?

- Mum keeps saying I have to go to the doctors to then get a blood test and then get a form to book into the hospital! Please explain this to me! I am freaking out...I just found out and now I have to book in already to have it?!!

- Yesterday I got nits from the kids at school and used a nit wash from the chemist..that said dont use during pregnancy. I didnt know I was pregnant until last night..now I feel guilty and extrmemely worried...could any damage come from this?

- Last one I promise....how long do you wait to tell people? I am five weeks..my mum reckons wait until 6 weeks...but all of my friends have said 12 weeks.

Any advice is appreciated, I thought this was going to be exciting, now IM really worried and stressed!!
    Good for you - that is great!!

The period like pain is probably implantation pain - I had that with DS. As for the blood test I went to the Dr for one when I was pregnant with DS and he said no need - that it is possible to get a false negative from a home pregnancy test but not possible to get a false positive - if the stick says you are pregnant then you are pregnant! Go see your GP anyway though - if you are going private he will give you a referal for an OB - not sure how it works if you are going through the public system. And its up to you when you tell people - lots of people like to wait 12 weeks in case anything goes wrong but I figure that if you've told close family & friends and something does go wrong at least you have their support, rather than no one even knowing what you and your DH are going through. Its a very personal decision though. Congratulations again!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi thanks for your responses. I can see myself using this post for every ache and pain that I get!

I went to the GP all is good, nit wash wont do anything and I am booked in with the Ob in a few weeks time.
    Off to get a blood test next week.

We have decided to wait until 12 weeks, although my parents know..we are living with them at the moment until we find a house to buy...they heard us screaming! I have told one close friend at work like you said just in case things dont go well, it will be good to have support.

Im not so worried about the period pain it is starting to ease a little bit now. FIngers crossed its nothing else.

It definitely is a waiting game though...at least I have had lots of practise!

THanks so muhc for replying!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Congratulations .
    I had lots of very bad period type pain when i was first pregnant with my DD and i gave birth to a very healthy baby (now 9 months old).
    All the best with your pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I understand. I too am late about 4 - 5 days and I had a pregnancy test and it came back negative. I am having craps too and with my first baby I also did. I guess we have to wait I am seeing my doctor next Monday so I will wait and see what she says. It's hard and a terrible waiting game.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Silly me I didn't read all the way down congratulations on the pregnacy well done and good luck. We waited till we were 12 weeks but boy did it kill us. We told close family at about 10 weeks.