+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Advice Needed - 7 days late but negative test!

Hello, I would appreciate any help or advice, I am new to this forum but have been reading it for quite a while.
    My husband and I have been TTC for 6 months. I am 7 days late for my period and I am never late. I tested on the 5th day of my missed period and today...using morning pee...and they are both negative.
    I asked hubby this morning if I should go to the doctor and he said no that if the test is negative then I probably am not pregnant. When I called my Mum she said that I should wait another week because it could be too early.
    I dont have a lot of pregnancy signs, other than a sore lower back, sore feet, reflux and headaches.
    But I have period pain like my period is coming that is why Im not conviinced that I could be pregnant. This is driving me insane! I pray that I am pregnant and I am really confused on what to think.
    Brooke
    Last edited by Brookestar; 22-01-2009 at 07:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Brooke i would book in to the doctors and ask for a blood test, that will tell you if there is HCG levels in your blood, and you will get the results the next day, as i know the waitting game drives us insain and by the sounds of it you cant wait another week best of luck to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi thanks for your response. It is so reasurring to know that others understand what I am going through!
    You have convinced me to go to the doctors the sarvo so I will have the results tomorrow..which just happens to be my birthday!
    Is there a time period that you need to wait to get a blood test? Eg...at least a week late?

Brooke

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I just got back from the doctors and it was a horrible experience!
    THe doctor told me that it is very unlikely to have period pain and be pregnant, but said I should get a blood test.
    So I go to get the blood test and the nurse couldn't find my vein in my right arm, so she tried my left arm using a butterfly clip and I got really dizzy and fainted! Lucky it was a medical centre and 2 men helped carry me to a bed and I laid there dizzyfor a few minutes until I came around.
    The nurse tried one more time in my right arm and couldnt find a vein but hit my tendon on the way out. I asked her if it was normal not to find a vein and she said could be from the hot weather or a change in hormones.
    Now I am even more miserable than before! I have two sore arms and didn't get the blood test after all that!
    Looks like I'm going to wait this one out and keep peeing on sticks which are costing me a fortune cause I dont want to go through that again!
    Happy Bday to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How annoying - you go through all of that for nothing.

Perhaps next time make sure you've got a cool drink, are lightly dressed and have some lollies to suck on. Maybe take a friend and get a different nurse too.

I know some ppl dont get til 6weeks along.

Distractions are priceless at this stage; reading, visiting friends, shopping.

All the best and let us know how you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh brooke, what a terrible experience, i cant help but feel to blame your poor chicken.
    How did you feel now, (apart from p@ssed off)
    I thought the blood test would be the best option as they usually tell you in one or two days the results instead of you having to wait it out.
    Im so sorry darl.

I know you probably dont want to hear it but for tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    THanks for getting back to me. I'm sorry if I sounded a bit hostile, I had a bad day and was venting!
    I go back to work on Tuesday..am a teacher and the little cherubs will keep me very busy.
    Thanks for your messgea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the birthday message!

I feel a bit light headed and a little upset but will get over it...I always do.

I'll keep you posted thanks so much for the support & you are definitely not to blame silly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brooke

Hope you had a wonderful day

Sending you heaps and heaps of vibes... I hope you and your hubby get your angel very soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully those cherbs keep you busy Brooke, please keep in touch and let me know how it goes and treat yourself tomorrow you deserve it