+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default ultrasound found cysts on brain

hi,
    i just got back from my dr's appt to go over my 20 week scan results. he said that the ultrasound showed small cysts on the babies brain. he then went on to say that it was nothing to worry about because every thing else on the scan was perfect etc. and that if i was older he might of sent me to get a check for chromosonal abnormalities but he really didnt see the point.

he said not to worry. YEAH RIGHT. i posted here how i was sure some thing had come up on the scan and i was worried sick. Now im even more worried. I have dont research on the net and each article has said exactly what my dr said.

some articles even suggested that it was a normal developmental thing. and that they usually disappear at around 30 weeks.

has any one gone through this? did every thing turn out ok?

Whispers is offline Ocupation: Mother of 3, yes it's job, one of the hardest and one of the greatest.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    my daughter had cyst spots on her heart. She is perfectly healthy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't blame you for feeling freaked out about it. If it's nothing, it probably would have been better if they didn't even mention it to you. Next time you have a check up, ask if you can have a repeat scan to see that the cysts have gone away, to put your mind at ease. Your Dr was open enough with you to tell you about the cysts, so I'm sure he would have told you if it was something to be worried about. Try not to obsess about it if you can .

Thanks
    Reviews
    i think the only reason he did tell me was because he was being shadowed my an intern and he was explaining the charts/results from my scan.

So technically he didnt tell me as such. just sort of discussed it in front of me.

i have relieved some of my worries. i'm not bawling about it any more. Have researched that cysts can be quite common and disappear around week 30 with no consequences. When they are an issue (ie: indicating a syndrome), other abnormalities show up on a scan (ie - organs not functioning or deformities) he said every thing else was perfect.

Whispers is offline Ocupation: Mother of 3, yes it's job, one of the hardest and one of the greatest.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My doctor told me that they would only be concerned if there were three or more invarious places as it may increase the chance of down syndrome

Thanks
    Reviews
    and being sent to you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same thing with dd, doc said not too worry. Its COMPLETELY normal, they will be gone by the time ur around 30weeks.

I started a thread about it too...

here read
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=210694

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sons ultrasound showed cysts on his brain, and like you was told it was very normal. He is now a gorgeous, healthy 11yr old!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    A friend of mine got the same news at her morph scan- the doc said they could have a follow-up scan at around 30weeks just to ease her mind, (he said it was not a worry and medically no reason to have a follow-up scan). Well she had it and the cyst was gone, and the baby was born healthy and well. Good luck.