ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been known to let it slip but I try not to. Have been a lot better with DS around but DH is hopeless! I've told him a million times not to swear around him as he's copying it. "what's this s**t?" about tv shows etc.

It's odd, because DH will swear like a trooper around the house but if he talks to his aunt on the phone he'll stop himself because he knows she hates it. I guess she's been around longer.... Sometimes he'll stop himself and substitute silly words, other times he just doesn't care which really p****s me off!
    Last edited by BazzasMum; 21-01-2009 at 11:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We try not to but it we do swear sometimes.

The other day I yelled out "its past 12 o'clock" DS then yelled out "c*ck"

Teegzie is offline in Wonderland with my little Alice!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BazzasMum View Post
    It's odd, because DH will swear like a trooper around the house but if he talks to his aunt on the phone he'll stop himself because he knows she hates it. I guess she's been around longer.... Sometimes he'll stop himself and substitute silly words, other times he just doesn't care which really p****s me off!
    DP does that when he is talking to him Mum and it gets me so cross that he will be careful around her and not our daughter! I have a feeling the first time DD swears DP will just think it is funny!

Whispers is offline Ocupation: Mother of 3, yes it's job, one of the hardest and one of the greatest.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Teegzie View Post
    I know what you mean about the heavily tattooed thing! DP is covered and people just expect him to be crass and rude! His brother is even more tattooed and he is probably the most careful person around DD! He never swears or loses his temper about something when she is there to hear!

When my little sister started kinder she went right up to her teacher and said "You can't say f*** at school because f*** is a bad word! You can't say f***ing nuts, but you can say nucking futs! If you say f*** at school everyone will get upset, so you musn't say f***! Even when you f*** up you shouldn't say it!..." My Mum was mortified! She had got a bit lax about the whole swearing thing by kid number 4 so thought she should at least make an effort to get my sister to not swear at school! I do not want something like this to happen to me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have one of the biggest potty mouths around! (I think it comes from being friends with only blokes for so many years!) although I have cut back A LOT on what I used to be like.

And well... 2.5 year old DS has picked up on it too! He copies words and phrases and he knows exactly when and how to use them! Like he'll fall over or hurt himself and he'll pick himself up and go "oh sh!t". Good one mum! He's started on the "shut up" phrase now too! He gets told off and it's straight up "shut up mum"

I'm dreading him picking up more because I do have a very choice mouth when it comes to being in the car and people who can't drive, or people who do their cars up to look... well stupid!

I do try and hold back.... but well... sometimes things just slip out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Don't beat yourself up about it, she's only 7 months old, I'm sure she would have forgotten by now

I swear, I can't help it. I always say SH!T, even when I don't mean to, I say it out in public too, it just slips out

But thankfully my 2yr old & 3yr old haven't sworn in their life

Whispers is offline Ocupation: Mother of 3, yes it's job, one of the hardest and one of the greatest.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum&bubs View Post
    But thankfully my 2yr old & 3yr old haven't sworn in their life

I heard summer say b***h in the back yard a couple of months ago she looked at me after she said it i was like and she ran away from me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teegzie View Post
    I know what you mean about the heavily tattooed thing! DP is covered and people just expect him to be crass and rude! His brother is even more tattooed and he is probably the most careful person around DD! He never swears or loses his temper about something when she is there to hear!

When my little sister started kinder she went right up to her teacher and said "You can't say f*** at school because f*** is a bad word! You can't say f***ing nuts, but you can say nucking futs! If you say f*** at school everyone will get upset, so you musn't say f***! Even when you f*** up you shouldn't say it!..." My Mum was mortified! She had got a bit lax about the whole swearing thing by kid number 4 so thought she should at least make an effort to get my sister to not swear at school! I do not want something like this to happen to me!
    . Your poor mum...

SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    HI , I just want to put in here, using bad language, is a sign of lack of respect. I really get upset with the foul four letter words, and my kids and my hubby and most of my friends will not swear around me. I do use bl***y and s**t sometimes, but not often, and I would be very upset if I ever hear any bad language coming from my grandsons. It is a sign of what value you have for yourself and for others, and as for the language in music, im sorry but I just cant listen to that rubbish, and when there is too much in a movie , I will be dissapointed in the movie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i dont ever awear around my children although the other day i was driving with ds and was dangerously cut in front of i was so angry (my firsr road rage lol) instead of swearing i sad the first thing that came in to my mouth instead of saying d##k head i yelled out pecker head(which is what ds calls his willie lol) as we got hame ds runs to dp saying hello daddy pecker dead i now know why i dont swear in front of then