+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Well done!

I had a face presentation birth with my last baby. I delivered him vaginally while being transfered from the trolley to the operating table . After half an hour of "don't push, we're gonna give you a c-section" his head just popped. No pushing required. It was the funniest scene as the doctor was lifted up on to the bed. There was a crowd of people(medical students among them) there as I was the only one to give birth that night in a normally busy hospital. One of the trainee people said that the baby was going to die and was quickly ushered out of the room. After all of this he was the shortest and easiest of all my labours.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loving5 View Post
    Well done!

I had a face presentation birth with my last baby. I delivered him vaginally while being transfered from the trolley to the operating table . After half an hour of "don't push, we're gonna give you a c-section" his head just popped. No pushing required. It was the funniest scene as the doctor was lifted up on to the bed. There was a crowd of people(medical students among them) there as I was the only one to give birth that night in a normally busy hospital. One of the trainee people said that the baby was going to die and was quickly ushered out of the room. After all of this he was the shortest and easiest of all my labours.
    What a great story!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Acacia - brow presentation is when the babies chin isn't tucked into it's chest, but they are looking up and their forehead area is delivered first.
    Sounds like what you had, at least your ds eventually tucked his chin in, my ds was born in the brow position and his poor forehead was all squished together and pushed foreward.
    You did a good job!!

loving5 - great story!!! at least you avoided the c-section! well done!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hello from the uk!

Hi, I am so thrilled to finally find people who have delivered a brow baby vaginally. My son was posterior brow, affecting 1 in 7500 births and was not palpated in this position until 2nd stage of labour. However they still let me push for 3hr 20mins delivering him vaginally, he had a broken nose and severe bruising to his head. I suffered a 3rd/4th degree tear and am now faecally incontinent, he is almost 1. In answer to your question I have but wish I hadn't!

Thanks
    Reviews

Post Yes

Hi, I know this thread is pretty old, but I wanted to include my story. I gave birth to my second child, DS, as a brow presentation. He stayed in the brow presentation position throughout pushing, my mum joked that at one point he had his forehead, eyes and nose out but not his ears. I was induced and the labour was only 4 hours, 2 of which was pushing, with LOTS of help from the midwife. I didn't have any tears, just a bit of grazing,. He looked pretty normal afterwards, and for the record his head circumference was 35cm which is average.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jejswa For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid (12-06-2013)