+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Directory of parent's rooms in shopping centres?

Hi,

I recently became a Mum and am surprised to find that some shopping centres and large buildings don't have places to breastfeed or change babies!

Does anyone know whether there is an online directory of parent's rooms (so you're not disappointed when you get there)? I was hoping to go to DFO Spencer St with my sister tomorrow, but I don't know whether there are any facilities so I can breastfeed and change my daughter in private. Does anyone know whether Spencer St is equipped?

BTW, I went to HarbourTown shopping centre (beside the Southern Cross Star) and they have installed private cubicles - great!

Tks,

KT

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The ABA has a list of parenting rooms that meet the basic requirements like room to move a pram, a comfy place to sit and something else.

Maybe you might like to check that out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i know dfo moorabbin has a couple of parent rooms so imagine the spencer street one would, especially as it was built after moorabbin....sorry not sure where you would look to be sure though...

Kayangel is offline Bubba boy number two is coming!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congrats on becoming a mum nothing better!

All shopping centers i have been to have parent rooms but i have been to one other place that doesnt very annoying not having any where to feed and change a baby i feel everywhere should, there always mums and bubs around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps. I found the list on the ABA... the babycare room awards: http://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/products/babycare.html

DFO isn't listed, but I agree with em1984... if one DFO complex has a parent's room, they all should have them.

Kayangel, I was surprised when visiting at friend who had just given birth at St Vincent's hospital... the hospital had no parent's room facilities! I was astounded - especially in the maternity ward!

KT

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    I went to DFO Spencer St a few weeks ago with a friend. There is a parents room. It's very small but there is room for you to feed and change a baby......just! There isn't enough room to swing a cat.

I found that when I went there with Xavier when he was breastfeeding was a nice place to stop was a store called Villa and Hut. They have a nice cafe in there that does yummy chai lattes and comfy couches where you can feed discretely.

Have a fun day shopping!