+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do foetal movements feel different when the baby turns?

I was wondering, the foetal movements of my little bundle have felt a bit different this week. Like, it was really prominent and obvious (both internally and externally) before when she kicked, though I haven't (yet) had anything as interesting as a fully formed little foot protruding from my belly...

This week, though, the movements feel a bit subdued, like 'muffled' (not really the right word, but I can't think of a better one at present). I was wondering if maybe she had turned anterior and was kicking in the other direction. I can still feel her moving, and just as frequently as before, but it's mostly internal feeling now and with reduced intensity. My tummy quivers a bit now and then, esp at night when I'm drifting off to sleep, but it's certainly not as strong as it was.

My instincts aren't telling me there's anything wrong, and my next middie appt isn't for a couple of weeks. If she has turned, and is kicking towards my spine or to the side, it makes sense that it would feel different to me.. wouldn't it?

I guess she's also running out of space in there so the movements are supposed to subdue in the last couple of months. Just didn't expect to notice a change quite so suddenly.

Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not sure, tales. I am getting a lot more of the quivering feelings but am also getting loads of actual movements. I sat here for about 30 mins the other night just watching my stomach move. Was quite funny to watch - it made me think of the Alien movies to be honest I have charged the video camera now so I can record it next time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL weird isn't it? My partner saw it for the first time last week at our antenatal class (part way through a demonstration bub started wrasslin in my belly and I gave my partner a whack so he could watch) and he was like "OMG!!". I get a lot of the quivering, it's a funny one that. I can understand the sporadic kicking/punching/rolling, but the quivering is just bizarre. NO idea what she is doing in there.. cartwheels or belly dancing, perhaps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i think has probably turned anterior - lucky you!
    i have the reverse and baby is confirmed to have flipped around posterior at the moment.

at this stage i think obvious kicks boots etc at the front suggest posterior, feeling kicks mosts at the side and the more subdued movement is anterior.

also, my ob told me if your belly button is still deepish suggests posterior as baby's back will force it flat if anterior.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah cool. I'll ask my middie next appointment. She might not be able to tell yet (and the baby might move again anyway), but I will let her know It would give me a wee bit of peace of mind to know she might have had turned, though. I was really hoping for an occiput anterior baby (but was getting mentally prepared for a posterior breech or transverse, just in case). Hope it doesn't mean she's coming early though!! Maybe she's like her mother and is just incredibly organised ahead of schedule.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It does sound like your bub might be anterior now.

Quote Originally Posted by kar View Post

also, my ob told me if your belly button is still deepish suggests posterior as baby's back will force it flat if anterior.
    You can also often pick a posterior lie if you can see a "dip" around your belly button. In some women this is quite prominent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm well my belly button is still well and truly 'innie' so that's interesting too. I don't know if it has a dip, but it still looks normal to me