+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Rylans middle name is Jonathon for my brother who died 5 years ago
    Zekes is Arthur for XDP pop who died 2 years ago

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS's middle name is after my brother who passed away several years ago.

I think its a wonderful way to honour a loved family member who is no longer with us. As soon as I found out I was carrying a boy I knew I wanted to have my brother's name in there...and I am so glad to have been given a son so that I could do this.

All the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly, thank you everyone for your kind words. Lovely to read at this time. The funeral is saturday..so it's still so fresh.

It is lovely to hear the stories you have shared and to know many people have also suffered a loss before the birth of a baby.

I myself was born 5 months after my G.Grandfather died. I was born on his birthday! that year. I always thought that was special.

My partner actually approached the subject tonight with me over dinner. He asked how I felt about naming the baby Carlo if it were a boy. And I told him how I would love to use the name, though I wonder if it's too soon, and if he will be upset or we'll get a little confused every time we say 'Carlo'..who are we talking about? I also mentioned how I had asked Mums on a forum..and the most common use of the name was usually as a middle name to honour the person who died. We both agreed it will be a middle name if bub is a boy. Alby was extremely close to his Dad, being an only child. And Carlo was his only living family left (besides my daughter Laura, our first child together). All other relatives live in Italy, and he isn't close to any of them.

I mentioned Carla also...and he doesn't like that name for a girl..something about it reminding him of Danny Devito's missus....the woman in 'Cheers' hehe.

So back to square one with names. I will look for a nice name that flows well with Carlo as a middle name.

I like Mia, Lucy, Gemma and Jenna for girl's names. I just can't think of a boy's name!! Help!! I may just have to wait for the 2nd ultrasound on may 13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    cathy sorry for your loss.
    My dad passed away around the time of conception of my angel baby & we used my dad's name as the middle name. We decided this as soon as we found out I was pregnant that it would be the middle name if it were a boy.
    Good luck with finding names!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i thinks it a lovely gesture also my dd2 has my granmothers middle namee who passed just before she was born
    my brother died 6 yrs ago & ive always said if i have a boy it will be named after him in someway

babygizaiah is offline Gizaiah is definitely our little blessing
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Df's name runs in his family. He was an only child, first grandchild and great grandchild. Df got their full name and with our son being the 1st child for us, grandchild,great grandchild we also used Nehemia for his middle name. And we intend to use this name for all of our boys.

(DS name is Te Awherangi Gizaiah Nehemia K*****, so Nehemia will be the kids 2nd middle name)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well..I couldn't wait any longer. I went and had a gender scan..and they are almost certain baby is a GIRL!!

Though DP is not keen on Carla for a girl's name.

But we like Milla. Milla Carlie Bar...i doesn't really go though. I like Milla Grace or Milla Rose. Though not exactly after Carlo. But Alby didn't want a girl named Carla/Carly..so that is that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Twins run in my family - My nan and pop had twin girls which died at birth and i have always wanted to if i ever had twin girls name them after my two Aunties. I think it is a really beautiful thing to do personally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear of your loss

I'm 24 weeks pregnant and my father passed away a month ago if we have a boy his middle name will be John the same as my Dads if we have a girl we are not sure what we are going to do as my Dads name was Gavin! But we would love to commererate him in some way as well.