+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My father died a cpl of yrs before my last son was born, my son has his name for is middle name

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think its a lovely idea.

If this bub is a boy, the middle name will be after my Uncle who recently passed. The family doesn't know yet, but I think they will be thrilled.

bumblytumbly is offline "Sometimes", said Pooh, "the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's a lovely idea.

My Dad passed away 2 years ago and his name was Christopher, so if this bubs is a boy his middle name will be Christopher.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My first sons middle name is Camden,after my brother who died at 11 weeks of SIDS.
    My Mum LOVED his name,and was really gutted it never really got used,so we decided to use it as a middle name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey i just wanted to put my 2c in...

my grandad died in 2003 and if i ever have a boy i am going to name him after him.. my grandad's first name is my dads, brothers and nephews middle names, but i dont care, i was the closest to my grandad so we are using it...

we are thinking that we would use a name such as 'blair thomas' and just call him 'thomas' after my grandad... this ofcourse is in the future once i get pregnant asgain haha..

but we are also thinking of calling a girl 'tommee' after him... i know its frowned upon by alot of people, ut i dont care, i love the name!

anywyas, we are going to use my partners grandmothers first name as a middle name for a girl ifwe eer have a girl together.

i think using their names is grea,t and kinda connects them to their family they wont ever meet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think its important (as pp posters have said) to consider the feelings of other people involved, especially the grandfathers partner & children if you are going to use his name as a first name for your baby - even though it should be a time of joy when your baby is born it may be quite a struggle for others, especially if they aren't aware of what you are planning. Perhaps float the idea in conversation that you'd like to name your baby after him in some way, so you get an idea how they feel about it.

Lovely idea though.

Personally I lost a sister to sids at 4months, named Emma Elizabeth, my daughter shares her middle name. She would have been named emma but I then realised I wouldn't have been able to sleep if they shared the same name. Also, it would have been hard on my siblings & others close to me to have a baby with that name - even though years have passed.

Queen is offline 2008 AWARD WINNER � Most bizarre thread award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think it is nice, as long as you and your partner agree! Very nice way to remember him
    Sorry for your loss

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also think its a loverly idea.

We always wanted to use DH's grandfathers name in one of our boys names. But Desmond has never really gone with anything, his middle name was William and DH's brother has the same middle name so we cant use William.

I have a close family friend who recently had a bub. He choose to keep the sex a secret from everyone... on the day he was born he handed his bub to his mum and said his name was Tyler.. a few years before hand his mum lost her brother to a motorbike accident.. and her brothers name was Tyler. Very sweet moment.

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think its a lovely sentiment..... my DD shares a birthday with my deceased uncle who was very special in our family and I shared a special connection with....

I didn't want to use Peter or a derivative in her name but her first and middle initials are the first two letters of his name, so that was how I honoured him.....

If I ever have another girl if I have more children, her name will be Charlotte, as my grandfather's middle name is Charles, with a second name of Aurora, using my grandmother Annette's first initial.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a nice thing to do I think & it gives your child a connection & a piece of someone special who has passed before they got to meet them.

My daughters middle name is Cheryl after my mum who passed away 9 months before she was born. I think when she's old enough to be told about my mum she will be proud to be named after her. I also didn't want her first name to be Cheryl as it was a bit old fashioned & I didn't want to know anyone else by the name of Cheryl except my mum & it would hurt to much to say her name.