+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We are naming our daughter Julia after my mum who passed away very young from cancer.

Was going to use it as a middle name, but then thought who really uses their middle name? Not me, I know that! lol. So it will be a first name, the ultimate tribute. My family is going to be thrilled when they find out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS has the name john for his middle name my grandad was dieing at the time he was born so i asked to use his first name as lucas middle name. and DD has the middle name ewenena which was my great grandma's name. i think it's a lovely thought. oh and my cousin is named after my grandma because my aunt and uncle had a baby the year after she died.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I opted not for the first name to be named after someone because I know it is painful for some people to say, you know?

My grandad, who was everything to me, died a couple of months before I became pregnant, we weren't going to use his name (Pat Clarence... and Pat being my dad's name, Clarence being a gross old man name ) but when Cobey was born a Cobey and not an Eva, I lay in the hospital choosing names and when I said Cobey Clarence it worked so well. A fitting tribute. Interestingly enough, my cousin has used his surname as his baby's first name, grandad meant a lot to him too. (Baillie.. said like Bailey, spelt differently) My dad's first name is the same as grandad's so there are three people out there with my grandad's name.

This bub will finally be my Eva, the middle name will most likely come from Chris' side as we've honoured my side in our first baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it's a nice way to honour those u love my ds has his grandad's name as a middle name(he passed away b4 ds was born) and dd has my nans name and mums middle name as her middle names.
    My first and middle names have no family connection and my mum still regrets not having my middle name the same as hers i do too.
    I like carlo for a boys name carla's lovely as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it's great.

DS has my dear old Dad's name as his middle name. Dad passed away 3 years ago.

If we have a girl, she will be named after both our maternal grandparents, who have both passed on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it is a really lovely thing to do. Like a PP said you could use Carl if you are not too keen on the name Carlo. Personally though if it is a middle name I would use Carlo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i think its a nice thing to do i like carlo/carla and carly

Lastcenturymum is offline I'm on a break from modding (it wont last forever ... I'll be BACK!!)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Cathy, firstly, sympathies to you and your partner.

I think it's a lovely idea - my FIL died when I found out I was just pregnant with no 2 and it was a hard year in some ways, but the joy of new life was special to my MIL.

We used FIL's first name as the middle name for our next child (David wasn't going to work for a girl!) and it was also hubby's middle name, so a bit of a tradition was kept going.

Oh and I love both the names you suggest - Carla is lovely for a girl!

Edit to say - I just read seekrits post and agree maybe about first name if it's a boy..bit soon? Maybe? See what your partner thinks about that.

(Hey seekrit, my hubby's grandfather was Clarence, or 'Clarrie' to everyone
    Last edited by Lastcenturymum; 13-01-2009 at 08:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is Marley afeter both of my grandmothers- Marlene and Emily combined. My grandmothers both passed away when I was very young.

I do think it is a nice way to honour those who have passed, and I do like both names you are thinking!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a lovely tribute. Maybe if you were going to use it as a first name you could call him carlos rather than carlo (if you prefer carlos) - he would still be the inspiration but yor bub could also have an individual name.