+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Has anyone had a family member die...did you name the baby after them in some way?

My partner's Father has just passed away this sunday gone. He was a lovely man and will be sadly missed (Partner is an only child).

What is your opinion on using Carlo as a first or middle name if it's a boy? Or Carla for a girl?

I am not sure if I really like Carlo for a first name. Love it as a middle name. Do you think it takes away something from the memory of the person who passed if you use the exact same name?

I couldn't find out the sex of the baby..it was stubborn (crossed legs!). I am going to have a 3d/4d scan on march 13 though.
    Last edited by Cathy1971; 13-01-2009 at 22:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it's a nice idea, but what does your partner think? My DH's dad died several years ago (before I met him) and if we have a boy we'll use his first name as bub's middle name - it's my dad's name too so will work as a nice tribute to them both. My dad is still alive, but I think it's nice. We are also considering using my grandmother's middle name if it's a girl, she's still here too but will love it.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I personally love the name Carlo.

It's my DH's name

I think a middle name is a nice tribute to a passed on family member.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I like the name Carlo , or even Carly for a girl.

DS has Jack as his middle name after DPs Pop.
    DS2 has James after my Fantastic uncle Duncan (taken way too soon) who's middle name was also James.
    and DD has Joy as her middle name - is my sisters middle name , she was named after my mums sister Joyce.

I think its a lovely idea
    Last edited by FiveInTheBed; 12-01-2009 at 23:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry for your lost and i think Carlo or Carla is a nice name and its very sentimental. I agree with FiveInTheBed that is very lovely

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is named after DP's uncle who passed away about 1 year before DS was born - I think it's lovely to do it.

You could always use Carl or Karl if you didn't want to use Carlo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's a lovely idea. Carlos as a first or middle name is nice, and carla or casly for a girl is sweet as well. I don't see how using the name can take away from the memory of a person, far from it, as your son/dughter will always remember that they were names after their grandfather. I think its helps keep the memory alive.

My son's middle names are Richard Elliot after guy from school who was a good friend, but we drifted separate ways...as friends sometimes do after highschool... and he died.

I used to joke with him that if I ever had a son I would call him Elliot as I liked the name..(weirdly common it seems for people to hate their middle name.). I decided that it was a bit too common at the moment.. and that I liked Gabriel better.... Richard is also my dad's name so I used that second and made Elliot his third. So his name is both for his Grandpa and in memory of my friend.
    Last edited by c38; 12-01-2009 at 23:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think if you both agree it's a great idea. My dd has her greatgrandmas name as a middle name. she tried to hold out to see her when she was born but passed away 4 weeks before. I think it is a beautiful thing to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My Dd is named after my Grandparents. They where George and Mae, so we named DD Georgia Mae.

I still really miss my grandparents.

I think its a really lovely sentiment. Carlo would be a prefectly lovely first name or middle name

dillydAlly is offline --> The most precious princess in all the land :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for you loss

DF's beloved mother passed away at Christmas 2007. That is what prompted us to keep trying. We have decided on names and the middle names will be after his mum and my dad.

Middle name for girl = Cecilia (his mums middle name)

Middle name for Boy = Stuart (my dad's name)

I think in my mind, it is like leaving their mark on the world so they will be remembered. We decided on these as middle name so we could be a little more individual with first names.

I think your idea is a lovely one. Carla is cute and I am sure that everytime you think about her name you will smile..