Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Where are u all located??

Thanks
    Reviews
    wynnum/manly area and all of evies care is through the mater childrens

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in Miami, qld. And since my last intro ds has been diagnosed with Pdd-nos

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! Im a new Mummy to baby Emily. She is 11 weeks old and has Bilateral moderatley severe sensorineural haering loss. She wears cute little pink hearing aids. she is having so much fun pulling them out and laughing when mum gets annoyed! http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...7&id=514711235

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hiya, I am very new to all this. Have 3 month old bub who was born with bi-lateral congenital cataracts, had double lensectomy at 9 weeks, has contact lens in both eyes and intensive rehab. I am relocating back to Perth in April from Brisbane and wondering if there are any other mums out there with kids with same condition? Would love to establish contact
    Estella's Mum :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am really new here, just signed up yesterday. I actually discovered bub hub when I was doing a search on birthday parties. I found it to be really helpful so I thought I would join up!

I have a daughter who is 8 months old, my first - and she is just an angel. We found out when she was 6 weeks old that she has a hearing impairment. She is profoundly deaf in her left ear and severly deaf in her right. She now has to wear hearing aids all the time, for the rest of her life.

Although we have adjusted to it now, it was absolutely devastating when we first found out. I was concerned with how it was going to effect her socially as she got older and whether or not she would be bullied when she went to school. It is funny how at times like that you think of the most bizarre things. But I had a hard time growing up and I was really socially awkward when I was at school so that was the last thing I wanted for my daughter.

She is still the same beautiful baby girl and there is nothing wrong with her except for impairment.

It has been a big thing though, first baby, newborn, trying to get a handle on things, then you find out that something is wrong. So then there were appointments with audiologists, ENT's, paedetricians, eye doctors, intervention programs. It has been hard, especially now that I am back at work and my partner and I are trying to juggle Audrey and all of her needs with having a normal sort of life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybug270809 View Post
    I am really new here, just signed up yesterday. I actually discovered bub hub when I was doing a search on birthday parties. I found it to be really helpful so I thought I would join up!

I have a daughter who is 8 months old, my first - and she is just an angel. We found out when she was 6 weeks old that she has a hearing impairment. She is profoundly deaf in her left ear and severly deaf in her right. She now has to wear hearing aids all the time, for the rest of her life.

Although we have adjusted to it now, it was absolutely devastating when we first found out. I was concerned with how it was going to effect her socially as she got older and whether or not she would be bullied when she went to school. It is funny how at times like that you think of the most bizarre things. But I had a hard time growing up and I was really socially awkward when I was at school so that was the last thing I wanted for my daughter.

She is still the same beautiful baby girl and there is nothing wrong with her except for impairment.

It has been a big thing though, first baby, newborn, trying to get a handle on things, then you find out that something is wrong. So then there were appointments with audiologists, ENT's, paedetricians, eye doctors, intervention programs. It has been hard, especially now that I am back at work and my partner and I are trying to juggle Audrey and all of her needs with having a normal sort of life.
    Where are you located? I could have nearly written the same post

Thanks
    Reviews
    guildford nsw. what about you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybug270809 View Post
    guildford nsw. what about you?
    Near Penrith

Thanks
    Reviews
    that isn't far at all! whats your "situation" with your bub?