+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm Shauna I have a almost 4 yr old ds and my SN little girl Scarlett who is 14mths old.

Scarlett has dysplatic and dysmorphic kidney so in other words they don't really look like kidneys are too small and don't work properly. although her kidney function is good at the moment she is having some issues with blood pressure which is related to her kidneys, she also has poyuria which means she pees lots but this is fluctuating at the moment as well so we're on a good streak and not using a million nappies a day LOL.
    Scarlett also has hypotonia and hypextendable joints which means she finds it hard to master gross motor skills however with her new shoes she got yesterday she is starting to walk much better .

We are in the waiting phase, waiting for her to grow as she is small, waiting to see if her kidneys fail as we pray that they don't and waiting to find out what is in store for us next.
    but saying that we live each day to the full knowing that we don't know what lies ahead for us but we just love our little girl and our ds they are my life !

oh and I can say that Amy's little girl Miki is the cutest brightest little button I have ever met if only my almost 4 yr old had her speech and I only hope my little girl has her determination in life I will be a happy lady

Thanks
    Reviews
    my name is Nicole. and i have three children, jonah who is 7, hannah 5, and naomi will be three in early march. she is the reason i am part of the sn chat thread and ASD chat thread. she has Autism spectrum disorder, dyspraxia and hypotonia, sensory integration disorder, as well as a deletion on chromosome one. she also has a redundant colon leading to constipation issues and she has reflux. i love her to bits and she is so much stronger than i ever will be....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, my name is Fiona and i am mummy to 3 1/2 year old Bella. She has Mitochondrial Disease (complex 1 and 4), and as a result has a Chronic Intestinal Pseudo Obstruction, severe GORD and has been TPN dependent for 3 years. She is also globally developmentally delayed, has verbal and oral dyspraxia, Autism and Left Ventricular Hypertrophy. Has spent most of her life in hospital battling sepsis as a result of gut translocation of polymicrobial bacteremia. She is extremely challenging but we love her to bits. She is the strongest person i know and the most adorable little munchkin! She is teaching her medical team something new each week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great idea! I get so overwhelmed reading the SN's chat. Poor little ones... They are so brave.

I have a son 6 and a daught 19MO. Jasmin suffered Stage 2 HIE and a pnuemo thorax at birth.

She has CP, hypotonia. Can't talk or walk but can do everything else she wants to.
    Last edited by Forest; 28-02-2009 at 09:06. Reason: updating

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, great introduction idea to the forum. I'm Lea a mum of 5, Aneeta 26 (with two of her own Kairo 4 and Jordan 3), Joshua 19, Bindi 13, John 4 and Aleacia 2.

Leacie is my wonderful SN princess, who has been diagnosed with quadraplegic CP level 4 although she is yet to have a cause pinpointed. Her brain scan and MRI were both normal and we're still awaiting metabolic disorder test results. She was 2wks overdue, normal delivery, no problems what so ever until she wasn't reaching her expected milestones at 8mths.

Scope say she doesn't present as a 'typical' CP child as her speech is unaffected, she doesn't drool or have swallowing problems. So I suppose we just keep playing the waiting game (have been waiting for her metabolic test results since Aug 08)

We had THE most wonderful Christmas present from her, she learnt to crawl (well in her own fashion, but hey, she's mobile ) I look forward to getting to know you all a bit better.

PS. Sorry but I tend to write essays, lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi. my name is Nicole and i have three children, jonah 7, hannah 5 and naomi almost 3.

naomi is my sn kid. she has del 1p34.2 chromosome abnormality and autism. she also has dyspraxia and sensory integration disorder.

life just wouldnt be the same without her. i love her to pieces.

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prickle View Post
    Hi there, great introduction idea to the forum. I'm Lea a mum of 5, Aneeta 26 (with two of her own Kairo 4 and Jordan 3), Joshua 19, Bindi 13, John 4 and Aleacia 2.

Leacie is my wonderful SN princess, who has been diagnosed with quadraplegic CP level 4 although she is yet to have a cause pinpointed. Her brain scan and MRI were both normal and we're still awaiting metabolic disorder test results. She was 2wks overdue, normal delivery, no problems what so ever until she wasn't reaching her expected milestones at 8mths.

Scope say she doesn't present as a 'typical' CP child as her speech is unaffected, she doesn't drool or have swallowing problems. So I suppose we just keep playing the waiting game (have been waiting for her metabolic test results since Aug 08)

We had THE most wonderful Christmas present from her, she learnt to crawl (well in her own fashion, but hey, she's mobile ) I look forward to getting to know you all a bit better.

PS. Sorry but I tend to write essays, lol
    you answered one of my questions in here that i asked in SN chat thread lol teach me for skim reading heheh, RE the metobilic stuff its a totaly night mare trying to firgure it out isnt it

Well done on the crawling thats great

PS that aint no essay lol we are all chataboxes in the SN chat thread we all rights essays hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm a bit infrequent qith my visits these days cause life has become much to hectic and I just don't have time, but hopefully I'll be back soon so I guess I'll introduce myself too.

I am Tegan. Single mummy (though I have a new bf!!!) to Jacob. He is 2 1/2 and has been diagnosed with global dev delays and epilepsy. His development is coming along well, all except the speech side of things. And we went through a lot of trial and error to get his seizures under control.

Not much else to say bout us really!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, my name is Kylie. I am a young mum to 3 beautiful children. Jasmin is 4, Brandon is almost 3 and Emily is 4 months. Jasmin was diagnosed with a VSD (hole in her heart) at 6 weeks, she also got hospitalized numerous times over her first two years due to Bronchiolitus (later diagnosed as Asthma) which she ended up really sick in
    PICU because it was putting so much stress on her heart. Jasmin has also recently been diagnosed Autism which we are still coming to terms with. I look forward to chatting to all you other SN mummies.
    Kylie

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi kylierenee

my daughter naomi has also been diagnosed recently with autism. we are still trying to get our heads around it as she has a chromosome deletion causing a sydnrome so we dont know what is causeing what lol!. where do you live? i am in sydney.