+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodeobull View Post
    Just letting everyone know in case you don't already realise this is a really old thread
    Omg why do people do that? Resurrect old threads, do they actually go looking for them? I don't often look at dates, just assume they're current!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (14-12-2013),SoThisIsLove  (13-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleetwood View Post
    Omg why do people do that? Resurrect old threads, do they actually go looking for them? I don't often look at dates, just assume they're current!
    Haha I don't know. I was reading for a bit before I realised

Thanks
    Reviews
    They show up in Picks on the tapatalk app - maybe that's why it keeps happening?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyfacedMum View Post
    Not to be a wet blanket BUT how did you arrive at the figure of $900 per fortnight?

I read in a previous thread that you said that your ex partner is self-employed and pays himself a pittance?

To get $900 a fortnight your ex-Dh will need to be on an income of in excess of $250,000 per year.....and unless he is in reciept of an income of this magnitude that is verifiable by the tax office as being HIS income (as opposed to business income) then he will not be assessed as having to pay you even close to $900 per fortnight. Business income is different to personal income and is not subject to CSA calculations unless in very specific circumstances.

Not trying to deflate your balloon but I don't want you to be relying on getting this huge child support windfall each fortnight just to have it not eventuate. And your ex DH sounds quite tricky when it comes to finances so be careful.

Also if you DO happen to recieve this much in child support then unfortunately you will not be eligible for public housing as they go on a set household budget which is in proportion to your household size and with that amount of CS and centrelink you will be well and truley over the limit. $900 is what a lot of sole parents have as their entire income - not just as the CS componant.

As for the "separated under one roof" deal. Appeal centrelinks decision as they CANNOT prevent your from recieving the payment because you are still co-habitating with your ex. My mum is an ARO for centrelink and her job revolves around legislation and policy and it is ILLEGAL for centrelink to withhold payment based on ONE factor - such as the fact that you are still living with ex. They can give you a time frame with which to ATTEMPT to find another place....however if you are unsuccessful they cannot stop payment.....you do need to be trying to find another place OR have a very good reason to still be co-habitating with him - such as illness, dire financial circumstances, cultural issues etc.

If you have time....try and find out the correct legislation (I will get it off mum sometime soon and post it for everyone dealing with this on bubhub).

Over 60% of decisions regarding cancellation/withholding of the SPP is overturned on ARO appeal...and a further 40% is eventually overturned after further appeals (Social Security Appeals Tribunal etc which is NOT part of centrelink but is independant of them).....unfortunately the vast majority of people given the wrong information do NOT appeal......which is why most centrelink workers remain completely uneducated on correct policy and social security law. I don't think they intentionally provide wrong information but they simply do not KNOW the correct procedure as most customer service reps are quite poorly trained in legislation and application (which is why you will often hear conflicting advice on the same question from 2 different centrelink workers)....they are just human beings who are taught how to use a computer and input data....with the case of marriage like relationships and living separated under the same roof they are simply told to use their own discretion but are not taught the finer details regarding social security law. Which is why ARO's exist....they are more trained in legislation and are the safety net for the client and are the "patch" that are there to fix holes in the application of the system.

As long as you are doing the right thing they cannot refuse to pay you.

YOu should gather up all your evidence of looking for alternative accomodation - such as rental applications, perhaps emails to REA asking about available properties etc. Take these into centrelink and use it as evidence of your trying to look for another place.....if you are still unsuccessful then tell the customer service officer to review his/her decision and if she either refused or comes back with the same decision tell her that you wish for the decision to be reviewed by an Authorised Review Officer and that you will also be considering applying for compensation due to an administration breach! This will quickly change his/her mind about your payment eligibility.

I would also advise that you speak to the "welfare rights" service....they are solicitors who are experts in welfare law and will help you write and file your appeal, they are also a free service.

Also check out their website to get some more info on "separated under one roof" and what centrelink can and cannot do regarding paying you.

Good luck!
    I thought the same thing, $900 per f/n is HUGE!!! I get $80 a month and ex is on 'decent' money.

Does your state have the NRAS scheme OP? Google it and check that out.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh old thread - argh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Old thread, but it's still a valid issue.

30% of my income is $165 a week.

If I lose this house, I'll most likely end up homeless.

I pay $400 a week in rent currently. I think if I can prove I've paid more than the rent on my income, then an agent should put my application through.

Oh, but I clearly need a reality check.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (13-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    mine is a little between 50-60% just depends on how many hours I do at work each week. 30% see ms like a joke persona lly, what do they expect us to live in a tent for that price

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I am paying 50% of my income in rent now. I am really struggling with it currently. This will be my second week of working 6 days straight with 1 day off work just to make sure i have money to cover the holiday period.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not working at the moment so no way I would be able to move outta the place I rent now. I pay $590/fortnight rent. That is about 40% of my Centrelink benefits gone in rent.

When I look at moving next, I'm definitely going to try the NRAS so I can get a newer place for about the price I pay now or less, and a 3brm.

Single mummy to a wonderful DS (Born 11/12/2008)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I pay less then 30% of my income on rent. I am not on a low income though and this place is really cheap because it is in an idiot place to get to, although I am a single parent.