+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default taste of water

We've noticed this horrible change to the water quality as well, and the info everyone has provided has been really useful however more than one person I've spoken to noticed the change in water quality prior to the official start of flouridation.

What one person said to me - and this i thought was a bit of a worry - that it's because the Brisbane water supply has just recently become part of the regional water grid and this is what the water will taste like in the future.

We've always had rain and storms and our water supply has never been this distasteful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i have it here an its foul it reminds me of creek/dam water , slight um poo smell to it

im tempted to start buyin bigger water bottles to drink , i always buy one when i do the food shop or go some where

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep, it's gross... i can't drink plain water anymore, i have to add a tiny bit of cordial or juice... the way it smells and tastes after coming out of the tap is foul...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tarragindi water

Im actually a bit worried about this.
    I came home from a few days away to discover my 5 year old has had diarrhea the last few days. I see him drinking a bottle of water in the car and he says it smells. I smell it and it smelt rotten. I ask my mother how long that had been in the car and she said it was fresh from her house that day.

Yes Brisbane water has always been a bit **** but it has NEVER smelt this bad and has only happened in the last week.

My sisters partner was staying at my mothers house (in Tarragindi) at the same time my son was there and is also suffering with diarrhea!

This is just wrong and what if it is dangerous??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I noticed it too...taste like garden hose water...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobbaleeno View Post
    Im actually a bit worried about this.
    I came home from a few days away to discover my 5 year old has had diarrhea the last few days. I see him drinking a bottle of water in the car and he says it smells. I smell it and it smelt rotten. I ask my mother how long that had been in the car and she said it was fresh from her house that day.

Yes Brisbane water has always been a bit **** but it has NEVER smelt this bad and has only happened in the last week.

My sisters partner was staying at my mothers house (in Tarragindi) at the same time my son was there and is also suffering with diarrhea!

This is just wrong and what if it is dangerous??
    I'd suggest there's something else afoot here. No one else is getting sick except the two boys that have been at the same house...

I've been drinking the water (I'm a cold water person and found it tastes better when chilled anyway!) and have no ill effects, nor my son, husband or anyone else I know.