+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default i want to stop the pill..question

just have a couple of questions.....i have been on yasmin for about 3 months now but have just decided to stop......i am constantly exhausted...and for the past month i have been feeling sick all day...sorta like morning sickness...but i am pretty sure i couldnt be pregnant...but have a couple of questions

- if u are pregnant on the pill do you still not have your period?? (all the side-effects i am having are what people say they have on yasmin...which are also exactly what i had when pregnant...but i cant be preggers it just doesnt add up...)

- can i just stop at anytime...i guess i will just get my period anyway....when i stop...

i have found it great coz i have no mood swing...but actually feel pretty flat...i would rather have a few ups and downs than feel numb.

i was wanting to take it to make sure i dont get my period for my wedding...but its a few months away so might just see how i am going and go on it again if think i might need to skip my period...

any advice would be great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    You can stop at any time.

The period stopping.. I have never been given a pill that stops my period, so I don't know. But if you are pregnant you obviously won't get another period (but I'll bet you knew that) after coming off the pills.

I'm honestly not surprised that the pill may be triggering some pregnancy-like symptoms. Any kind of hormone alteration will have a physical manifestation.

Perhaps you should go off it and go back to the doctor, if you are feeling pregnancy symptoms or getting morning sickness like feelings then perhaps its just not the right pill for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yasmin was my last try...i tried them all and they turned me into a crazy *****!!!! my body hates the pill...but it does what it is meant to and i never have spotting or anything...so i am just going to stop now...and then get on it 2 months before the wedding ...i will see...i might not even be due for AF on the wedding day so might not need it!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    not sure if i made sense...didnt want to stop my period...just skip it for the wedding! i dont like playing around with nature too much..so off the pill for me...

watch out though...pms is gonna be BAD tomorrow!!! i forgot to take the pill one morning and didnt realise til that night...then i realised why i had been psycho that day!! hahaha...arent we lucky to have lovely hormones!