ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default what are my choices for second baby?

hello
    I've just found out that I'm pregnant with baby no.2!!..

My question is, do I have to have another c-section?.. I was in labor for 22 hrs followed by an emergency c-section for my first bub, he wasn't dropping far down and wasn't till he was born we found out he had the cord around his neck a few times.
    After a nasty taste of labor, I'm scared to go back down that track, I'm hoping I can have another c-section, I realise that isn't easy either, but just makes me mind a lot less stressed!.
    Am I able to just say "I'll have another c-section, thanks"?.. or will i be judged about that??.. I'm a bit worried about it all, even though it's early days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think you can ask to have your 2nd cs without any unwanted comments or having to go though counceling.
    Although I'm not realy too sure to be honest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    if you had your first by cs it is your choice how you have your second i had my first 2 by cs my 2nd was elective but when it came to having no3 i really wanted to go naturall and was told that becose of having a 2nd cs the pisks of going natural were way too high so i had to have a third cs which shattered me but to choice is completly yours

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    You can go either way, but healthcare providers will always have their own opinions on that matter... therefore there's no saying whether or not you'll find it hard to get what you want.

Overall, you'll likely find it easier to get a REC (repeat elective caesarean) than you will a VBAC (vaginal birth after caesarean), as that's more "accepted" by hospitals at the moment... so chances are, it won't be that difficult. There are some women, however, who have found it difficult convincing their doctors to grant them a 2nd caesarean... it's just less likely to happen than with those wanting a VBAC.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

A lot of OB's aren't supportive of vbac's and will actually recommend you have a second c/section anyway.

You should be fine!