+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Most thoughtful / practical Baby gift was...

I have to go out and buy my dp's boss a gift, she's squeezing out baby #1 next week.

Can you all let me know what was the most useful/ thoughtful/ or practical gift that you received when you had your babies?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A good friend of ours is a horticulturist and he gave us a Gingko Biloba plant as a baby gift. It sounds really unusual to most i'm sure, but it was such a thoughtful gift. This tree is the only one that is still around from the time of dinosaurs so it's pretty cool. I guess a tree or plant is something that you can plant and the child will be able to watch it grow with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    A cetain bubhubber bought me a wonderful gift basket in it was a blanket with her name on..very, very thoughtful

other than that we got the usual things

Thanks
    Reviews
    it was probably the baby bath that was full to the brim of stuff like washers, towels, bibs, baby grooming set, washes and lotions, little plastic toys, some singlets, jumpsuits, booties, beenies, bottles, etc. there was so much stuff. all of my mums family chipped in to get me it.

and my grandma gave me 2 huge boxes of newborn nappies so i had about 250 nappies - lasted about 3 weeks but was great.

but as a recent cloth convert you could buy her a cloth pocket nappy to try. i just love mine from green kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If i was to buy another baby shower present, it was probably be bulk pakc of the newborn nappies. They are something that definately wont go to waste but.....

my favourite gift was a hand and foot print casting kit. I have it up in my kitchen and every time i look at it, i wonder where my baby went?!

Good luck.

p.s a voucher to somewhere like babies galore is always fantastic as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Some of my fave gifts were
    * nappy service for 12 weeks
    * sling
    * hand/foot print plaster casting kit
    * stuff to pamper the mum with (as often we get stuff for the bubs, but forget the mums), eg aromatherapy and nice toiletries that she can use at the hospital and at home!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How much do you want to spend?

Clothes are good depending on the mum, but get larger sizes like 0's or 1's everyone gets real babystuff and they grow out of it very quickly. Remember it will be summer by then!

Wraps are great, as you can never have enough, especially the muslin ones, see if you can get some big ones (larger than 90cmx90cm) as they grow out of the little one's quite fast.

If you have a bit more to spend say for a group pressie, then the baby sleeping bags are great as well, but start from about $60, they are great for when bubs is about 6months old and starts rolling around in teh cot and won't stay wrapped anymore.

good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Voucher for Mum just for her! Us Mum's get left out after all the hard work of labour

Thanks
    Reviews
    "duck - home" make really huge brightly coloured muslin wraps, and they aren't expensive. i still use mine now for spew rags and pram covers and change table mats.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My friend made a voucher book for me that had...

* dinner & dessert cooked & delivered to my door
    * 2 loads of ironing (2 seperate vouchers)
    * a pamper evening ( which i still need to claim )
    * One evening of babysitting

That was so awesome!!!