+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Red face When is the best time to test!

Hi all, ive beening trying to concieve bub number 2 for 3 months and would like to know when the best time is to do a hpt. My period is due today and although the day is not over i hopeing they dont come . I did a test 3 days ago with a new test thats on the market were you can test 3 day before your period is due, it came up negative and i guessing it was just too early to tell. So i was wondering when the best time to test is and when is the test most accurate? Should i wait till tomorrow morning and test or wait out the week when the pregnancy hormone is stronger? I know this is a silly question but with my first bub i didnt know i was pregnant till i was 8 weeks and it didnt show up on a hpt, a had to go to the doctors to comfirm it. I would appreciate any feed back, thank-you so much

Mum to Connor and hopefull have concieve bub#2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default timing

Hi Firstbub

When i was preggas with my son i did an earlt test a few days before i was due to get my period and it came up negative, i didnt think anything of it until i was 5 days late and started to have a few strange "feelings" so did another test and it was positive.

With this pregnancy i waited until i was 3 days over and did the test then. It was positive straight away.

I would wait until you are at least overdue by a day or two, this way you are more likely to get an accurate result.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's true that hormone levels increase in the initial weeks and months of preg, so if you wait till your period is overdue you're more likely to get a reliable reading from a HPT. But some women may never get a positive from a HPT and need a blood test to confirm. It's up to you really, and there's no "right" answer. I've never had any patience & I did one the morning before my period was due. It came up positive, but of course I didn't believe it and did several more over the next few days to confirm the physical symptoms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tested many times before my period was due and they all showed negative, I tested on morning of day period due and got a very very faint positive. I always used the very first wee and ended up doing mosts tests at 3 am

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i had 2 weeks to go till preiod tested at nite was neg , 1 week later (still had 1 week till rags were due) tested First thing an it showed up
    allways test with your first pee an depending when u concived is when it will pick up
    good luc hope for best news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Firstbub,

I did my test on two days before AF were due and i got a faint postive and then i did another one the following day same result... Everyone is different i everyones bodies are different just wait and maybe do a test tomorrow morning...

The reason i think my test came up so early was because im 4 weeks pregnant and as of Friday have a HCG level of 1224...

My fingures and toes are crossed for you sweetheart....

Kind Regards
    Sarah

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Two positive lines!!!

Well i did a test this morning(the day after my period was due) and two blue lines came up to indicate POSITIVE, im finding it hard to contain my excitment, but i booked into the doctors tomorrow to get it confirmed, just incase. So hopefully this is it.Thank you very much for everyones advice it helped me wait to at lease the next morning, which is hard to do when you 'just cant wait'. Ill let you all know how i go tomorrow at the doctors.

Mum to connor 14/07/03 and hopefully pregnant with bub #2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Firstbub! I hope you go well at the doctors tomorrow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats so exciting, congratulations

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think a congrates will be in order , Let us know asap