+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default newborn baby clothes

does anybody else have a serious gripe with companies putting press studs on the back of the neck area on newborn clothes??

i mean, this poor little baby has to lie on their back all day and some person thinks it's a smart idea to make them lie on studs?

it can't be comfortable or good for them.

it doesn't make sense when it comes to changing time either.

so are there any other clothing gripes out there??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i hate jumpsuits without press studs along the nappy aera. DS was given some and hardly wears them its hard enough to change him without having to negoitate a jumpsuit that only has press studs down the chest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have to ask, if not press-studs then what else could they use? Buttons or a zipper most likely...both of which would not be comfortable to lay on.

I like zipper jumpsuits the best - though for a winter newborn it can get quite cold for them having to unzip the whole thing to change a nappy!

I HATE buttons more than anything...because they're so fiddly!

I actually love press-studs. I find them the easiest to use, even when DD is wiggling around. They're also SO EASY to undo if you need to suddenly rip it off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm having a major issue with bootees at the moment. Why doesn't someone design a pair that actually stay on for more than 5 minutes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im having MAJOR issues with Bibs. Doesnt matter how carefully i put it on a bit of velcro always manages to scratch the back of DD's neck (ouch)

I have some pull over the neck types but the only ones i can find look like a dress on her. I just want a normal size, peferable plain pink/white (to match any outfit) bib that fits properly and doesnt scratch!! Does anyone know where i can get these??

I dont like the tie up ones.... not only are they a chocking hazard but the person that invented them obviously hasn't tried putting them on a wriggly 6mth old.

Im actually seriously thinking about making my own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey sassymummy

no, it's not just studs on the back of the neck, it's anything that is going to press into the neck.

it's gotta hurt......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Milis
    I'm having a major issue with bootees at the moment. Why doesn't someone design a pair that actually stay on for more than 5 minutes
    heehee! Try the "Infant Sock" brand. Not sure where you live, but I'm in Adelaide & they are $1 a pair at bilo and they are BRILLIANT!
    Love,
    Nan. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I too hate press studs on the back of clothes, until this pregnancy they never really phased me but as DS 3.5 still needs help getting dressed, DD10months is obviously still completely reliant and with a new bub due to arrive basically any time... I don't have time to be 'fighting' with awkward press studs! I got rid of alllllll my outfits that did up at the back and really went for more practical clothing this time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylors_mum
    Im having MAJOR issues with Bibs. Doesnt matter how carefully i put it on a bit of velcro always manages to scratch the back of DD's neck (ouch)

I have some pull over the neck types but the only ones i can find look like a dress on her. I just want a normal size, peferable plain pink/white (to match any outfit) bib that fits properly and doesnt scratch!! Does anyone know where i can get these??

I dont like the tie up ones.... not only are they a chocking hazard but the person that invented them obviously hasn't tried putting them on a wriggly 6mth old.

Im actually seriously thinking about making my own.
    Hi, noticed your a c/town mummy too!
    I got alot of press stud bibs from bigW and some pop over bibs that aren't huge...pretty cute ones too.
    Have a look next time your at the square they aren't expensive either!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum's in Scotland, so I've got a fair amount of British-made baby clothes, and I don't know if it's the shops she goes to but they all seem to be made for little orangutang babies - the arms go way down over her hands, and then she sucks on them all night when she goes for the thumb and the arms turn into sodden rags - I'm forever folding cuffs over and over up to her elbows just to keep the cuffs WAY out of the way

Also: the style of jumpsuit (mostly summer ones) where there's no neck fasteners, just a scoop at the front and a scoop at the back that sort of cross over on the shoulders like two X's in a row - lovely to look at but they turn into off-the-shoulders in about 2 seconds flat