+ Reply to Thread
    StellasMummy is offline Proud mumma to one sweet girl :)
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default home made bolognaise recipe for bubs??

hi all.iv been making veg,meat n veg mixes for my DD but i would like to start to make stuff with pasta's n rice in them.what a good bolognaise recipe for a baby.iv started mashing her foods now instead of pureeing.
    any other savoury recipes would be great too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    i got a good one out of practical parenting nearly 4 years ago. i found it today too. I'll post it when I get back from picking DS up from preschool.

StellasMummy is offline Proud mumma to one sweet girl :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkydunks View Post
    i got a good one out of practical parenting nearly 4 years ago. i found it today too. I'll post it when I get back from picking DS up from preschool.

excellent.thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Spaghetti bolognese

3 tbsp oil
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    1 medium onion, finely chopped (I usually puree onion cos DS doesn't like the texture much)
    1 medium carrot
    7 button mushrooms, sliced
    1 beef stock cube dissolved in 300ml boiling water (or 250ml of liquid beef stock and 50 ml water)
    250g mince
    200 ml passata or tomato puree
    I tbsp tomato sauce
    1 tsp brown sugar
    1 bay leaf
    1/2 tbsp cornflour, dissolved in 1 tbsp cold water
    Cooked spaghetti to serve

1. heat half the oil in a pan, add half the garlic and saute for a few seconds. Add half the onion and saute for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Tip in the carrot and mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Add half the beef stock and cook for 1 minute.

2. Heat the rest of the oil in a pan, add remaining garlic and saute for a few seconds. Add the rest of the onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add the mince and saute for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix in the remaining stock, passata. tomato sauce, brown sugar and bay leaf. Add the carrot and mushroom mix, cover and simmer for 9 minutes.

3. Add the cornflour mixture, bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Season to taste. Put in a blender and whizz for a few seconds to make a smoother texture for younger bubs.

It makes a fair bit. Really enough for 4 adult serves. It was a big hit with everyone including DH who used to have traditional bolognese made for him.