+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thumbs up Top Tips and Magic Tricks for Conception

Hi Ladies!

I'm being a conception detective and putting a call out to all those reading who have successfully conceived a baby to advise what they did/what herbs or vitamins etc they took/ when & how often they did the BD etc etc in that particular cycle which may have contributed to conception occurring. Was there anything you did differently than previously that you think may have made the difference?

I think it would just be helpful and give some hope to those of us who are at the point of just thinking a BFP will never happen.

I have done possibly close to a hundred hpt's and have never ever even seen a faint positive so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks and bring on the top tips and magic tricks!

Top Tips So Far

- BD every 2nd day
    - Stay lying down for as long as possible following BD to let the boys do their work. Perhaps try doing the bicycle exercise to help them on their way.
    - BD outside your 'fertile window' as it is uncanny the number of people who have told me they got UTD from having sex at a time of their cycle when they didn't think they were anywhere near ovulation
    - Monitor your cycle and learn when you are due to ovulate by:
    * using ovulation prediction kits, Maybe Baby, or by paying attention to the signs that your body gives you.
    Your CM will increase and become stretchy around ovulation. You may feel some telltale pain in your lower
    abdomen. You can also purchase a digital Basal Thermometer & monitor your waking temperature. The instructions that come with the thermometer will explain how you interpret the results in regard to pin-pointing when you are fertile (I bought one yesterday!)
    - Get your body in the best physical conditon you can for conception by eating well and take a supplement such as Elevit. Suggest that your man take a supplement too such as Menevit (mine refuses!!!)
    - Some of the super fertility foods include: Spinach, garlic, honey, avocado, whole grains, oysters, oily fish, full fat dairy (yay! Ditch that Rev ladies!), Lean Red Meat, chillies.
    - Some of the anti-fertility foods include green peas, caffeine, chocolate and anything with refined sugar in it (eg most junk food chicks!).
    - Consider using herbs that can increase fertility. Chinese herbal remedies are popular.
    - Try acupuncture. (Those Chinese know a thing or two about fertility - just look at their population!)
    - Buy tampons and pads in bulk. It's Murphy's Law - you may find out that you are UTD the next day!
    - Buy skinny body clothes. Murphy's Law again.
    - Don't use lubricants that aren't specifically sperm friendly because they will create a barrier preventing the sperm from swimming to where you want them to swim to!! Preseed is a sperm friendly lubricant that has a pH ideal for sperm and can both help them swim quicker and live longer. Yay!!!
    - If you believe you may have a Luteal phase Defect (ie. the time from when your normally ovulate to when your period is due is less than 12 days) try taking Vitamin B6. It may take up to 3 months to see results.
    - Eat full-fat dairy products as low-fat dairy consumption has been linked to infertility. It can mess with ovulation.
    - Try to eat as much organic foods as possible as they contain higher levels of vitamins and antioxidants
    Last edited by Witchypoo; 19-10-2008 at 12:52. Reason: Update Top Tips

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great idea for a thread Elle - looking forward to hearing from the experts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one lucky bfp through buying a 32 pack of tampons, size 4 jeans, making our first fs appointment ..oh and of course bd on LH surge day then 2 days later and 2 days later. After the first bd, didn't get out of bed as I went to sleep... Hoping it works again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I recommend getting yourself a maybe baby ovulation tester. Its a little microscope saliva tester which can be reused. When you are ovulating and around you fertile days it shows a fern pattern. It retails for around $70 at the chemist.
    I used it first time around and it worked for me. I was also taking elevit for about 3 months beforehand.
    Also - there is a supplement on the market for men to aid heathy sperm production. Google Menevit and you should find it. We havnt tried it so i cant vouch for it but am considering getting hubby some afterall its NOT all about the womens health.
    Second time around though after a MC im going to get really healthy (no more junk) Just brought a juicer and have been experimenting. Anyone know any fertility enhancing foods?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could try acupuncture and Chinese herbs, as well as eating healthy, bd every second day, take a multi vitamin like elevit, exercise and pray to god.

I hope this helps, I have my crossed for you all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,
    I have been lurking around since by unexpected BFP waiting to see more BFPs. There is way too much chat on the june09 babies forum to keep up with so I just decided to watch this one with my for you all.
    I just wanted to add a little story on the irony of this little 'accident' growing inside me in the hope that it may shed some light.
    when DP and I first decided to TTC nothing happened for 12 months, we were young and going like rabbits but had no idea of cycles.
    then out of the blue I realised I was 2 1/2 weeks late and there was a BFP. Went to docs next day and confirmed it only to have a M/C next day, just before we told everyone.
    so another 6 months went by but this time I knew what to do (the timing, DP on top and the bum up in the air for ages after BD). Finally a BFP at 7DPO only to to get my period on time, chemical pg.
    But the next month proved to be the winner with DD 1
    When we (well I) decided to trick DP into TTC #2 (what guy turns it down really?) it took 4 months of good timing and bums up to get BFP and DD2.
    After DD2 I decided not to go back on the pill as it stuffed me up and made endometriosis (diagnosed few years b4 DD1) worse. We did really well by timing to NOT BD around O, CD12-14. Unfortunately though one morning when I said to DP I will O in a few days he thought that meant safe to NOT be safe (men) and as soon as I realised, it was too late. So I jumped up and washed what I could away in a shower. To my shock I o'd the next day and 7 days later there was a line. I just can't believe that after 22 months of trying really hard for babies one happened so quickly whilst NOT trying. And DP wasn't even on top. lol
    I guess the whole point of this is that sometimes giving it a break and thinking about just enjoying the BD for no reason might help just a little. If not make you and DP a little happier!!