+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Maybe Baby Ovulation Test Question

I have just started using the Maybe Baby Ovulation Test yesterday. (The saliva test under the microscope which shows ferns when you are ovulating). It came in the mail. I have a question for anyone who has used this test before.

My AF finished on CD5 and I began testing on CD8.

Yesterday on CD8 I tested in the afternoon (made sure I did not eat/drink for 3 hrs before) and the saliva test showed pebbles and small ferns under the microscope. So, I thought I may be in the transitional period and about to ovulate in the next few days (during my last cycle I had fertile mucous on CD12).

Early this morning before breakfast, I tested and only had pebbles and are therefore not in the fertile period. I am so confused.

Does this mean I may have ovulated after my period and I have missed the boat?

The only other factor to consider is that this is the second month after coming off the pill. I wonder if this would influence it?

Any comments or suggestions.

I think we should continue BD throughout the month and test only as a matter of interest.

Confused, needing help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I find I get ferns every day throughout the month ... sometimes a bit stronger than others. So it is way too confusing for me to use. You are supposed to get some ferning and dots before ovulation and then heavy ferning during ovulation. I hope it works for you - I have heard a lot of success stories

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found maybe baby the hardest thing to get right your best bet is to do it at least 3 times a day and work out what time is your accurate reading, I had the same problem if i did it say in the morning never a fern and at night i got fern I don't know if i'm a one off or this happens to every one, just keep testing, but if you can use it in conjuction with looking at cervical mucus and/or temps you'll soon see when you ov.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I tried for a month a while ago in the mornings and always got the pebbles, think I might take your advice and try during the day too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found that first thing in the morning my saliva was too yukky to work and i got a better result after i had had brekkie and brushed my teeth!! if you have partial ferning it means the levels are increasing but not that you have actually ovulated yet, i would try at different times of the day as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do not get any ferning if I test in the morning either - something to do with morning saliva. But I always test when I get home from work (Around 6pm) and I make sure I have had nothing but water for an hour or 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i believe with the Maybe Baby brand it says to test atleast 3 hours past eating or drinking anything (besides water I assume!) as the presence of those things in our mouth/saliva can alter the result...

I have been doing mine for the past few days however this morning i looked at it after the recommended 10 minutes and then left it for another 15 and looked again and it looked much better after that extra time, really looked like pebbles as they describe and not dots. I think i will try to put less saliva on there tomorrow!

Femme la Phoenix is offline ~Currently~ Getting body in perfect shape for our BFP!!
    Thanks
    Reviews

it just makes me sad, I worry about you all obessing over these charts and things... I really do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's not an obsession. If I had a 28 day cycle then I wouldn't be obsessing at all. In fact I am always forgetting to take my temperature and use my maybe baby - so I'm not sure that is obsessing. I buy these things in order to help me catch that small window of opportunity I have every two months (if I'm lucky). I'm sorry Harmony but for some of us it just isn't as easy as just bonking all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeh dont worry about us we are fine thanks!!