+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default My Sis in a home invasion......Brisbane

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news...217559398.html

My sister was in a home invasion last night in Brisbane. Herself, Partner and Bub had just moved into there new house that day,, my sister ducked up to the shops to grab some late dinner as they had been busy going back and forward,,she arrived home and was about to fed her son when her partner saw a man crawling across the kitchen floor, he then confronted him and they had a bit of a biff, meanwhile my sisters poor 3 year old son had to witness all of this and was screaming and crying while my sister called 000. They arrived not long after but the Invader was long gone, they believe it was the same man that also tried the same thing again at another house not long after.
    They have taken DNA off my BIL and also the Invader lost his hat in the Kuffufal!

I feel so bad for my them all, especially my nephew who is only 3. They are trying to arrange him some kind of emergency counseling so it does not continue to effect him.
    Of course my sister no longer wants to stay in that house, they have not even slept there yet! Poor thing.

And today she has been hounded non stop by the media, Channel 7 & 9 have been calling and her partner, Josh agreed to speak but my sister Casey refused so they asked her if they could show a photo at least, which she has now agreed to just to get them off her back. The Sunday mail is also interviewing them and my little Nephew has been whisked away to my mums so as to stop him hearing it over and over. My sister was at her partners work and they followed her trying to get a picture. She has now turned off her phone and gone to spend the day at her friends house.

What has this world come to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    oh your poor sister and her family.

i really hope your nephew is OK, that would be so scary for him to see his daddy in that situation.

and your poor sister being hounded....why cant they just leave her alone to come to terms with what has happened .

is her DP OK ? he didn't get hurt really badly or anything did he ?

really, how scary for them all. thank heavens they spotted the guy and her DP was there.

Myztik is offline My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    How scary for them all I hope they are all ok and your nephew isnt too traumatised by what he saw, poor little guy

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Your poor sister and family!!!

Not only to have to go through such a distressing thing, but then having to deal with the media afterwards makes it twice as hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SorenLorensen View Post
    oh your poor sister and her family.

i really hope your nephew is OK, that would be so scary for him to see his daddy in that situation.

and your poor sister being hounded....why cant they just leave her alone to come to terms with what has happened .

is her DP OK ? he didn't get hurt or anything did he ?

really, how scary for them all. thank heavens they spotted the guy and her DP was there.
    Yeah her hubby ok, a bit battered! he has some marks on his face and stuff, he said the guy got a few punches on him so his ribs and stuff are a bit sore today. Apparently he will be on the news tonight 7 & 9 so i will have to look to as i am 4 hours away from them.

Yes i dunno why the media is hounding her, the guy wasnt armed or anything, but my sister thinks it may be to remind people to LOCK UP. Because she had been moving, they had misplaced on of the garage door beeper thingos so it was not locked, the guy rolled it up a bit and craweld through to the kitchen, while they where about to eat in the dining room.
    I am worried about my nephew too, he called me before to tell me about the bad man and he was telling me the guy was saying to Josh, 'leave me alone, leave me alone'

At least he is now at my mums away from the people harrassing them!

BoyCrazy is offline <MY SWEET BABY GIRL HARPER 9 MONTHS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG!!! i hope everyone is ok and not too traumatised by it all! What suburb was it in? Does your sis need anything? PM me if i can be of any help! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by baylismum View Post
    OMG!!! i hope everyone is ok and not too traumatised by it all! What suburb was it in? Does your sis need anything? PM me if i can be of any help! x
    Ummm she is in Ellen Grove?? Not sure where that is! I think she is ok, my mum is there and she is staying at her besties house. I not sure how she will ever come to actually stay in the house now! Her hubby works long hours and she is frightened at the best of times. My mum is in a gated community somewhere there and suggested to her to move in to one of the homes there as there is a couple for rent. I think she is still in a bit of shock though. Her hubby often works away to, so i guess she will decide what is best in the next few days, i am pretty sure the real estate would be a little more lenient if she decided to break her lease anyway, the police believe they have an idea who it is and if it is who they suspect, he is wanted in relation to quite a few matters, hopefully they catch him,so she can relax a little.

I cant imagine how i would feel if it was me, i would be scared to death. I just think it is so brazen to enter someones home while they are virtually in the same room. he did get her handbag luckily she only had a small amount of cash and got all her cards stopped straight away. There stereo also got broken, in the kuffufal, but that is all replaceable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OMG kelz that is so horrible

Your poor sister and her family

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Exactly..... What is the world coming to?..
    I am naive to think that one day things will improve.... One can only hope....

How horrible for your family.....
    i would not blame her at all if she wanted to break the lease and no one i think would deny her to do so....

Hope she, hubby and the little one are doing ok....

x x x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    oh my goodness, your poor sister and family!!!
    I cant believe the media, do they not realise that maybe they need some time to cope with what has happened?

Big hugs to your sister and her family and to you as well as I am sure this is hard on you too!