+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Two Faint Positive Tests

Hi Everyone,

I was just wanting to know what other people would do in this situation....

On Monday 13th i did a pregnancy test and i got a faint positive then i did another test on yesterday Tuesday 14th and it came up a faint positive and today im due to get my monthly friends and as yet nothing not even the normal pains i suffer with.....

I want to go to the doctors to get a blood test done but im not to sure on when to go....

Im not to sure on how long you should wait as this is mine and my husbands first..

Any replys would be great and appreciated....

Kind Regards

Sarah

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to docs day after period was due, same day as I got a home preg test faint positive and was confirmed as being pregnant .
    Following morning I started calling to arrange an obstetrician and found though I was only 4 1/2 weeks preg (which I thought was very quick to find out), that many obsts were already fully booked . If you are planning going private, and were trying to get preg I wouldn't hang around.

But the flip side is the potential for disappointment if you're not.
    IMHO I'd get checked out

Good Luck

Nicki

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got 3 faint positives with this baby. You're probably only 3-4 weeks gone. Go to your doctor and get a blood test. Chances are you're going to be a mummy though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I also only had very very faint lines- had to wake hubby up to check if he could see the second line I went to Dr's and she said, if period is late and test was positive- congratulations.

Good luck and I'll cross my fingers and toes for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Girls,

for that bit of help

Kind Regards

Sarah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    At least you weren't like me. I did 3 HPTs and they were al faint positives. I went to the Dr 3 days later to get a blood test done and the HCG levels were really low. The Dr was afraid that it may be a chemical pregnancy (where the egg fertilises but doesn't implant) so he had me come back a week later to check and the levels rose. I wouldn't treat it as a false positive. I'd head off to your GP in the next few days to get a blood test done

Thanks
    Reviews

Default sounds promising

well its sounds to me like your testing positive to your pregnancy test, i think you should tell your hubby, its pretty likely that you are pregnant, when i did a test i had a faint pink line and i thought it had to be as bright as the control window to be a postive test so i ignored it, i thought i wasnt, but after going to the doctors a few weeks later she confirmed that i was pregnant. So the test doesnt have to stand out to be positive. Yippie!!!. All you have to do know is book a doctors appoitment and tell her and she'll do another one to confirm. Dont forget to take hubby with you, im sure he'd love to be there! Keep us posted!!! Mum to Connor and trying to concieve bub#2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

After reading all the posts you guys have sent me (thank you) i have decided to go and get a blood test done... Im also worried if i am pregnant and i keep thinking of it that it might bring my blood pressure up as i have high blood pressure at the best of times (not taking anything for it though)...

Firstbub:- My fingures are crossed for you for your second one....

Kind Regards

Sarah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks sar i hope i fall soon. Its easy for me to say but you have to try and relax, i too have got high blood pressure and im supose to take pills for i but i dont cause you cant be on them and try for a baby. You blood pressure can also be slightly elevated when you are pregnant and you also feel a little warmer the usual due to you body supply to bubby. when you starting to feel like your blood pressure is going up try to take a few deep breaths( but please dont hypoventalate) and think how great your going to feel knowing you could finally be a mummy!!! Although is a nervous time, but a really great book i found was "Up the duff" by Kaz Cooke i know its early days yet and you wont know for sure untill you have been to the doctors but my fingers and toes are both tightly cross for you( there going blue!!!). I found the book the best thing it is sooo funny and it has the best info in it, its about $35.00 but well worth it. Best of luck lovey and please keep in touch, hear from you soon Jenny

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm thinking of you sarah good luck with the blood test. Keep us posted xx