+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Red face Pain on caesarean scar!

Not sure where to post this thread, but I'll try here! I had a caesarean with my daughter nearly 5 1/2 months ago now. My wound healed fairly quickly, but I had a pretty rough trot with it all. Last week I started getting a pain on the right side of my scar. It kind of feels like a knife is being shoved in and turned. Other times it feels like a burning sensation. Its only every now and again though. I havent been doing anything out of the ordinary out of my normal routine. I also havent over-exherted myself. Has anyone else had this problem? Im making a doctors appointment today to get it checked out!
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default In reply

The pains are probably just your nerve endings healing. When that scar was made nerve endings would have been cut. Scar tissue forms and all sorts of stuff happens. Still see a doc of course, but as long as everything is working you should be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! I just thought it was wierd that the pains only just started now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my daughter by c-section 11 weeks ago and my scar does the tingly thing. I haven't had any pain as yet but from time to time I get a numbness from where the scar is to around my belly button. I know it is from the nerves being severed and it will eventually heal. I'd see a Dr just to be sure that it isn't something else because pain in that area is close to where your appendix would be.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Yes I know exactly what you mean!

Hi Briannabear,

I am really interested in what your GP said.

I had those pains as well and they could be really painful. I had them up to about 10 months post caesar. My GP told me they were adhessions breaking away from the scar site. I know you said they only just started and this could happen if you have only just started activating those particular areas, which can happen if you have been 'protecting' your wound.

I still have pain if I lean on my tummy around the scar area, or if I gently push it with my fingers.

I hope that you got some good news from your GP! and you feel better really soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your advice!
    I had to go to the hospital a few days ago so they could run some tests. They thought it could be either appendix or ovarian (sp?) cysts. None of their tests showed up anything bad so at this stage they'reputting it down to a grumbly appendix.
    I have to go to the doctor tomorrow and get checked out again.
    Im so sick of being poked and prodded! I was hoping that would be all over after the last visit to hospital!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default overian cysts

It is interesting that someone eles mentioned overian cysts. About 3 years ago I had dreadfull pain on the right side of my tummy and after waiting all night, the pain got worse and I thought it was my apendix and went to hospital to get checked. They too thought that it was appendix and sent me to have an operation staight away to get the appendix out. Instead it was a cyst on my overy that had rupptured and was causing pain. Luckily they could sew over the cyst, but had it been left much longer they told me later that they would have needed to remove the overy. That scares me that I could have lost an overy without knowledge. I wish that I had been aware of such things and so now I think that it is important to let others know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had my caesaerean 2 years ago now, and i still get a kind of burning sensation sometimes, like if i stretch or lean on that area...and it gets tingly sometimes as well, i'm due to have another one in 5 weeks time, and am not looking forward to going through the healing process all over again!

Shannon
    Mackenzie Grace - 30/6/03
    Expecting - 9/10/11 August 05