+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Question What could fluid outside of uterus be? Please help- preg after mc so very nervous!!

I was just wondering if anyone knew what fluid on the outside of my uterus could mean?

I found out I was pregnant yesterday, so the doctor wanted to send me for an US today. He wanted to send me for one as I had a mc (blighted ovum) mid July and hadn't gotten AF back before we fell preg again. There was a sac measuring 0.5 mm (which could only be seen via internal scan) and there was a substantial amount of fluid just outside my uterus.

After last time I am a little worried, so if anyone has any advice/info etc that would be great.

Thanks.

Mandy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wanted to give you
    I too have just found out Im pregnant after a m/c in july.
    The fact that they saw a sack is good and as for the fluid I dont know but its not in the uterus so I would say that is good.
    What did they say about the fluid?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jdsmummy View Post
    I just wanted to give you
    I too have just found out Im pregnant after a m/c in july.
    The fact that they saw a sack is good and as for the fluid I dont know but its not in the uterus so I would say that is good.
    What did they say about the fluid?
    Oh thanks jdsmummy, I remember seeing you in the March thread aswell, so congrats to you

They said that it could be ectopic?? And to make sure if I have pain or bleeding to go to the hospital. The doc also wanted to send me to a gyno, but he couldn't get through on the phone so was going to try when I left.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Just wanted to congratulate you both on your pregs!!! I hope everything goes well this time!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Mel!! Hope all is still going well with you .

Is there anyone else who might know what this fluid could mean?

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry i have no advise to offer but congratulations on the pregnancy.
    Maybe give your Dr a call tomorrow.
    all is well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Found this on Google:

" A certain amount of free fluid in the pelvis, behind the uterus, is normal at certain points in your cycle; after ovulation, a small amount of fluid released with the egg collects behind the uterus and is eventually reabsorbed by the body. A larger amount of fluid may indicate a ruptured ovarian cyst. Pain is usually present in this instance, but most often resolves on its own within a few days. Infection is another possibility, but in this case symptoms such as pain and fever are often significant.
    When you get the second opinion, be sure to bring a copy of the ultrasound report and the pictures themselves, if possible. This information will help the second doctor. A repeat ultrasound may be ordered to see if the fluid has gone away, assuming it was more than would be considered normal in the first place."

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mum2cooper and JDsmummy - good luck this time around, that was quick!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ANonnyMouse View Post
    Found this on Google:

" A certain amount of free fluid in the pelvis, behind the uterus, is normal at certain points in your cycle; after ovulation, a small amount of fluid released with the egg collects behind the uterus and is eventually reabsorbed by the body. A larger amount of fluid may indicate a ruptured ovarian cyst. Pain is usually present in this instance, but most often resolves on its own within a few days. Infection is another possibility, but in this case symptoms such as pain and fever are often significant.
    When you get the second opinion, be sure to bring a copy of the ultrasound report and the pictures themselves, if possible. This information will help the second doctor. A repeat ultrasound may be ordered to see if the fluid has gone away, assuming it was more than would be considered normal in the first place."
    Thanks annonyMouse- I couldn't find anything at all when i googled , this would explain why they are sending me for a repeat US on wed.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalMumOfTwo View Post
    sorry i have no advise to offer but congratulations on the pregnancy.
    Maybe give your Dr a call tomorrow.
    all is well
    Thanks CrystalMumOfTwo

Quote Originally Posted by kar View Post
    Mum2cooper and JDsmummy - good luck this time around, that was quick!
    Thanks kar , yes it was quick LOL, DH and I really didn't think it was possible this month .

Why cant things just be black and white LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Same concern

Hello ladies .. I know this is a on old post. I have the same prob. I'm 4 weeks 5 days and have fluid outside uterus and sac not seen.how did ur pregnancy conti? Pls share . would be of greater help. Thanks in advance