+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,248
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    21
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Question What could fluid outside of uterus be? Please help- preg after mc so very nervous!!

    I was just wondering if anyone knew what fluid on the outside of my uterus could mean?

    I found out I was pregnant yesterday, so the doctor wanted to send me for an US today. He wanted to send me for one as I had a mc (blighted ovum) mid July and hadn't gotten AF back before we fell preg again. There was a sac measuring 0.5 mm (which could only be seen via internal scan) and there was a substantial amount of fluid just outside my uterus.

    After last time I am a little worried, so if anyone has any advice/info etc that would be great.

    Thanks.

    Mandy

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    621
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    3
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just wanted to give you
    I too have just found out Im pregnant after a m/c in july.
    The fact that they saw a sack is good and as for the fluid I dont know but its not in the uterus so I would say that is good.
    What did they say about the fluid?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,248
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    21
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdsmummy View Post
    I just wanted to give you
    I too have just found out Im pregnant after a m/c in july.
    The fact that they saw a sack is good and as for the fluid I dont know but its not in the uterus so I would say that is good.
    What did they say about the fluid?
    Oh thanks jdsmummy, I remember seeing you in the March thread aswell, so congrats to you

    They said that it could be ectopic?? And to make sure if I have pain or bleeding to go to the hospital. The doc also wanted to send me to a gyno, but he couldn't get through on the phone so was going to try when I left.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,743
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi

    Just wanted to congratulate you both on your pregs!!! I hope everything goes well this time!!!


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,248
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    21
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Mel!! Hope all is still going well with you .

    Is there anyone else who might know what this fluid could mean?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,116
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    sorry i have no advise to offer but congratulations on the pregnancy.
    Maybe give your Dr a call tomorrow.
    all is well

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,893
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked
    285
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Found this on Google:

    " A certain amount of free fluid in the pelvis, behind the uterus, is normal at certain points in your cycle; after ovulation, a small amount of fluid released with the egg collects behind the uterus and is eventually reabsorbed by the body. A larger amount of fluid may indicate a ruptured ovarian cyst. Pain is usually present in this instance, but most often resolves on its own within a few days. Infection is another possibility, but in this case symptoms such as pain and fever are often significant.
    When you get the second opinion, be sure to bring a copy of the ultrasound report and the pictures themselves, if possible. This information will help the second doctor. A repeat ultrasound may be ordered to see if the fluid has gone away, assuming it was more than would be considered normal in the first place."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,645
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked
    230
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mum2cooper and JDsmummy - good luck this time around, that was quick!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,248
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    21
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ANonnyMouse View Post
    Found this on Google:

    " A certain amount of free fluid in the pelvis, behind the uterus, is normal at certain points in your cycle; after ovulation, a small amount of fluid released with the egg collects behind the uterus and is eventually reabsorbed by the body. A larger amount of fluid may indicate a ruptured ovarian cyst. Pain is usually present in this instance, but most often resolves on its own within a few days. Infection is another possibility, but in this case symptoms such as pain and fever are often significant.
    When you get the second opinion, be sure to bring a copy of the ultrasound report and the pictures themselves, if possible. This information will help the second doctor. A repeat ultrasound may be ordered to see if the fluid has gone away, assuming it was more than would be considered normal in the first place."
    Thanks annonyMouse- I couldn't find anything at all when i googled , this would explain why they are sending me for a repeat US on wed.

    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalMumOfTwo View Post
    sorry i have no advise to offer but congratulations on the pregnancy.
    Maybe give your Dr a call tomorrow.
    all is well
    Thanks CrystalMumOfTwo

    Quote Originally Posted by kar View Post
    Mum2cooper and JDsmummy - good luck this time around, that was quick!
    Thanks kar , yes it was quick LOL, DH and I really didn't think it was possible this month .


    Why cant things just be black and white LOL.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0

    Default Same concern

    Hello ladies .. I know this is a on old post. I have the same prob. I'm 4 weeks 5 days and have fluid outside uterus and sac not seen.how did ur pregnancy conti? Pls share . would be of greater help. Thanks in advance


 

Similar Threads

  1. Appropriate fluid intake for 1yr old
    By giggle berry in forum Breastfeeding Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 19-11-2012, 16:10
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31-08-2012, 07:51
  3. Leaking fluid?
    By dannii83 in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2012, 10:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
StorychestThe journal meets photo album meets scrapbook for the digital age. Capture and save stories and precious moments of ...