7 11.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Fuchsia! is offline Winner 2009 - Best Signature
    Winner 2010- The Best Signature Award
    Shmoooooooosh! AKA jaxcoop
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Would you try again?

This could have been posted in either BF or bottlefeeding section.

What i would like to know is, if you failed, gave up, or had problems breastfeeding etc. Would try again with future babies or would you just go straight to bottlefeeding?

Poll coming

Thanks
    Reviews
    When i had my DD i couldn't even get her to attach properly and then when i had my DS he was a natural at it!! So it is def possible.

prideNJoy is offline October ~ Vaccine Injury Awareness Month
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well i sort of 'gave up' with DD when she was 9 months old. I was scared of being judged as she was getting older.
    DS is now 13 months old and i have no intention of giving up this time round.

Bottlefeeding from infancy has never crossed my mind.

Kittylou is offline My precious Hamish, forever in my heart
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I absolutely would (and will). My DS only got 5 days of BF before it all got too hard and I switched to formula. With DD I lasted 4 weeks. I'm still incredibly disappointed in myself about both. Next time I am absolutely determined to BF and have already told my sister and best friend (both breastfeeders) that if I start having problems again they need to give me a good kick up the bum and remind me that things didn't get better on formula.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would love to if I could be assured my illness didn't come into effect, with the next bub I will give colostrum like I did DD and will be having my milk checked every 2 days.....but hey if I could have normal breastmilk I would still be bf DD (unfortunately we can't get donated bm here in Vic well not that I am aware of)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Absolutely no questions YES!

I gave up because I returned to work when DS was 6mnths old- I tried expressing, but I'm afraid being a sales rep and trying to express whilst sitting in you car is not the most motivating for producing milk!!!

I am so disappointed my BF experience ended so early- with the next one I will absolutely do everything in my power to continue for much longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Without a doubt.

It was such a success I am on the road to tandem boobing!

I just put ALL thought of bottles out of my mind and just kept going on like there was nothing wrong. and there pretty much wasn't!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definitely! I gave up with ds when he was 3 months old. But with dd, I was much wiser and more determined this time. I made it to 8 months. If we ever have more babies, I would love to bf again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hmm..i picked other.
    both my girls have been FF.
    'should ' they have been bf....YES.
    but it has not been possible as i have never gotten any milk nor did i get colostrum......its great to know that my breast are there just for 'show'.....makes me feel...i don't know....less, IYKWIM

if i ever get colostrum or milk then yes i will try but considering that there are underlying issues that we think causes it and they arnt going anywhere, i doubt it will happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When you know better - you do better. Of course I will try again next time. I have read so much more, and learned so much more from here and other places, that I know what to expect. I know what is normal, and I know who to go to if I have trouble. Next time I WILL succeed.