+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is a really informative thread, thank you so much, however, now I'm panicking, as I didn't know about the Thick Shakes and lettuce leaves!

I was naughty the other day and had a Macca's Thick shake and a wrap.

Here's hoping I'm ok!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You know the BBQ Chooks you can buy from Woolies/Coles etc, are they ok?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by susieq1969 View Post
    You know the BBQ Chooks you can buy from Woolies/Coles etc, are they ok?

I'm not sure - I'm avoiding them though (which is killing me as I *love* ready-cooked chickens - we have a great shop across the road which does gorgeous ones).

I'm finding the restrictions extremely restrictive and it's really taking the shine off things. There aren't many foods I feel like eating as it is but half the things I *want* I can't risk having.

It's saving me a fortune though LOL. We used to grab a subway when shopping in the city but since being pregnant I can't eat subway so I can't be bothered to go shopping in the city either!

Ah well, only 29 weeks to go... I tell you what, I am going to have a MASSIVE blow-out once this baby is here LOL.

(on the plus side, I've now lost 8.75kg in the past 7 weeks so these restrictions and morning sickness aren't too bad )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm sure you'd be able to have BBQ chooks as long as you knew they were cooked that day, and you ate it hot.

Leftovers must be eaten within 24 hours of cooking and heated until piping hot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I'm 31 weeks pregnant and a bit concerned. What are the signs of listeria. I've just been to the doctors he has suggested that I have a bad virus and not to worry too much because I would be feeling ALOT worse if I had contracted listeria.

I guess I'm being a worrywart. Over the last week I've had a bad cold with aches and pains then last night I started vomiting (3 times in total now). Plus lucky me has low blood pressure again (I suffered from this in the second trimester and now its back).

What are your thoughts???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally? I'd be getting myself checked out asap, just to be on the safe side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would go to/call the hospital with your concerns, and get a second opinion.

It's not true you would be feeling worse if it was listeria - listeria suffers often report mild flu like symptoms.

I don't want to panic you (and remember that listeria in Australia is still pretty rare) but it's not something I'd stuff around with.

sam's mum is offline and Amelia's and Belle's too....
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    when my sister got it she reacted very quickly (within a day or two). she had excrutiating tummy pain and started labouring.

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow thanks for sharing that with us all - it is such a terrible thing to know you cannot even trust foods from certain places, i don't eat deli meat and we rarely eat ice cream but these days you have to be so careful what you eat and what you feed your kids - its so scary

Thanks
    Reviews

Angry Cheese

Well I am up at 2.15AM, trying in vain to find something on foxtel, so I thought I'd make a comment!

Don't you hate it when you're out somewhere and there's a cheese platter, everyone knows you're preggo, but they don't consider that they're using the brie knife to cut the hard cheese and the pear/apple?