View Poll Results: Do you leave your children in the car while paying for petrol?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

53 39.85%
  • Yes

41 30.83%
  • Sometimes

40 30.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you leave your children in the car while paying for petrol?

I went out with one of my best friends the other day. She had her car and I had mine and we both had to stop on the way to the park to get some petrol...She left her son (1 year old) in the car while she went and paid for the petrol and I was in shock.

I couldnt believe she left him in the car

I have always gotten both my children out of the car (4 and 1 year olds) even though it is the biggest effort sometimes to get my daughter back in her seat as she is going through the wriggly stage...

I have heard stories of people stealing cars from petrol stations with kids still in them.

Just wondering on everyones thoughts
    Last edited by mum of 2; 30-04-2006 at 15:40.

drewid is offline Meet the amazing boy who falls asleep with a sandwich in his mouth!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We usually go to a servo where they have pay-at-the-pump. But usually we are all in the car (DH, Andrew and I) when we fill up, so we hardly have to worry about it.

But if it did come up, we would most definitely bring Andrew in with us.

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    hmm I HAVE - but rarely... but only if he is asleep AND I then only go to servos where I know I can throw money at the attendant.. AND my car is always locked... I am a paranoid mum anyway

I hate doing it .. but sometimes when your numbskull husband didn't refill the car as asked (sigh) you have no choice,....

I dont know if I will when he is one?? although at any age it is horrid to wake a kid from sleep ..

xx
    Jen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I usually don't have Max with me when I need to fill up, I'll do it before work, after work. But If I have Max with me I take him out....

Rather be safe than sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    i actually hadnt thought about this, as we dont have any kids yet, but do have bubs on the way...
    As for people stealing your car from the petrol station, I'm in a BIG habit of always locking my car, even if I'm walking only 2metres away from it, as i just dont trust people.

i have an ex friend who would leave her kids in the car whenever she felt like it. (for eg. she'd be over visiting and 10 or 15minutes later she'd say something like "Oh, *beep* is in the car, he was tired so i left him there." NO EXCUSE as far as i'm concerned..and you'd be in shock cos for 15minutes you'd have no idea her son was in the car in your driveway, sometimes you wouldnt clue on until she left)
    used to bug me that she did this,

oh, didnt put his name in as i dont like naming people online IYKWIM

~dimarie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i stay in the car while DP fills up and pays for petrol if me and DS are with him.

JorBai is offline Me & My beautiful friend Bep aka W&Ds Mama
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I always try to fill up when I can leave bub at home or get my DH to do it, however on 2 occasions my DS was in the car asleep and i was low on petrol. I always pick a servo that doesnt have many cars so i can run in and pay without waiting in a queue and once i have filled up i drive my car up to the door where i can watch him.

I would never do this on a hot day or if he was awake and it could cause danger to him. I always lock the car door too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I leave them in with the doors locked and keys with me if they are with me when I get petrol, But I normally get my petrol on my child free days. I wouldn't leave them in there if the older ones weren't with them though, couldn't trust 3yr old to not touch everything

Thanks
    Reviews
    I either fill up when I'm on my own or have DP or another adult in the car with me so they're in the car with the kids when I pay.. otherwise the kids come out with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not ever!

TM

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast