+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Love Being A Father

Thanks to Bubhub for the site and thanks for suggesting additions which include fathers more.

I am a separated single father and i love every minute of it. I can't get enough time with my gorgeous little girl and cherish every moment we are together. Unlike many single fathers i have forsaken my career (now work very part-time) instead preferring to be as involved as possible in every aspect of my daughters life.

My job took me all over the world and allowed me experiences most only get to watch on TV, but nothing compares to the joy my wonderful daughter gives me.

Not wishing to appear judgmental, i have difficulty understanding fathers who can't/won't or don't want to spend as much time as possible with their children. In my opinion they are missing out. The psychosocial and psychosexual benefits to children who have a father that is committed not just emotionally, but quality time-wise, is somewhat immeasurable.

I have found that there are many, many more agencies/outlets that support mothers than fathers. As an investigator with a Media Network i have researched and participated in stories on that very subject.

There are many occasions when i would like advice on parenting issues and often have to resort to the internet to find information. Bubhub has been a very welcome addition to my parenting. Thanks to all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Well done SoloDad, your daughter is incredibly lucky.

If only the father of my children thought that way too. *sigh*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Dads!

This is a great idea and I support it whole heartedly (sp?) especially since I'd be lost without my BH family. However I just suggested to DH that he should be active on BH to which he replied, "I can never get on the laptop because you are always BH'ing"!!! Sorry boys! Will try to be a little more flexible!!

Good luck and if we Mums can help, we will in any way!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my first time here and my first post. I'm new to the father thing and the one that that really bought me here is just the need to source information myself. I just like to be educated on the things I want to do well and being a dad is one of them.

BH-bigbadbrad is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    BubHubby - Proud in Pink
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nice to have another man in the mix!

There is nowhere in the world where men are more highly outnumbered than this forum but it is a great place to source information on anything and everything. Welcome

Regards
    BBB

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrad View Post
    I like the sign off 'Be nice to your kids they choose your nursing home' Very Cool

Personally, I hope that Dads all over the world realise how important their role is and how lucky they are not to be the Mums. We get to do all the cool things but we do not have to:
    1. Be Pregnant
    2. Take extended time out of work
    3. Be pregnant
    4. Give birth (I still shake my head)
    5. get baby brain from talking to 0-6month old

I not saying being a Dad is easy! Just that I much prefer being a Dad to the things listed above.

Nice to have an international visitor! Welcome StillDad

Well said feel much the same

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys.

I'm fairly new around here too. I'm 45 and we have left our run a little late, hence we're in the middle of our first cycle of IVF. Wifey is on the Synarel and Gonal-f shots. We should be harvesting in a few days if we get some ripe, juicy, plump follicles. The scan is this Friday morning (30-10-09) and that should show us the follicle situation. Keep those fingers crossed.

Bigbadbrad: What do Fathers need on a forum? Great question. I wish we had some more guys online that's for sure. Leave it with me for a few days and I'm sure I may generate a few suggestions of use.

Cheers to all.

Paul
    SA

BubHubby - Proud in Pink
    Thanks
    Reviews
    MORE GUYS

MORE GUYS

MY KINGDOM FOR MORE GUYS!!!!!

There are not many of us but we are here to help

Regards
    BBB

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Update 1

Okay Guys Fella's Homys 32 days to go
    feeling a little tens (excited) working all day and just thinking to my self what do i have todo to get to the hospital what time of day night will it all go down where i gotta be and what i have to do puting this up to tell it my way.......

really looking foward to bub as im sure all of you are man that arnt would not know of this site im sure.

Thinking alot of the small sh*^ not looking at a big picture at the moment ..........

done the anti natel classes was very informative but alot to take in lol im sure ill be all gud but and as i said looking foward to it.

thanks You may not even read this and it was a bit of a waste of your time but Thanks for your time .....

Guyba

BubHubby - Proud in Pink
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guyba,

Good luck with the imminent arrival of your baby. Just keep in mind that our job as Dad's is to make Mum's life as easy as possible during this time.

This is practically impossible as she is squeezing a water melon out of a very small space so if she asks for ice chips, out of season fruit or just wants to yell at you then JUST DO IT!!!!

Most importantly just be there and be supportive!

All the best
    BBB