+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mattus is offline Now there's TWO of them? How did THAT happen?!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Solodad - as a dad at 19 weeks, I understand your infatuation with Miss. I love the way she smiles when her mu or I talk, and I am in awe of everything that's happening at the moment. Kudos that you've sacrificed all that you have.

Guyba - relaxxxxxxxx, man. Take it all as it comes, and deal with it as you go. Take on board what you have learned, and remember to learn as you go.

Enjoy it!

Dads FTW!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Here's another Dad

Here's another Dad who enjoys every minute with his 15 months old daughter.

Its good to know that Bub Hub is aware of dads out there who loves their little ones as much as mum. Resources everywhere seems to be catered for mums and I admit I do sometimes feel awkward when mixing in parenting forums full of mums. "What's this bloke doing in a place full of mothers!?"

Maybe we should start a blog or something to help dads enjoy and treasure their time with their little ones.

BH-bigbadbrad is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    BubHubby - Proud in Pink
    Thanks
    Reviews
    All resources for Dad's welcome

We (Dads) are significantly outnumbered here but the Bub Hub is keen to support all parents!

Regards

BBB

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi fellas,

My wife is on BH and I thought id join up mainly to give her the $h1ts, and to have a virtual beer the blokes.

Im 25 and have the most angel 2 year old daughter. I must be the luckiest man as my wife is a very good mum and not only takes car of DD but takes care of me as well! I work in a hospital and have a background of sales and a broad spectrum of primary rescue.

I love anything to do with motorsport and was planning on buying my own race car but that is put on hold until the baby is born just to keep cash in the bank.

I look forward to rambling crap with you guys and to even up the male to female ratio lol

Vegabass

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its a bit quiet here for Dads.
    But there was a great thread over on whirlpool. Its in the lifestyle section, so you need to be registered.
    Last edited by BH-bigbadbrad; 15-03-2010 at 09:50. Reason: You are not allowed to do this

BH-bigbadbrad is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    BubHubby - Proud in Pink
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Vegabass,

Nice to have some new blood. Sounds like life is good but compared to the rest of the world life is good here anyway.

Steady on Gold Toe we need more blokes on here so stop trying to send them to other forums, you normally get sanctions for that!

I have seen a couple of your posts and they have a nice positive vibe Vega, hoping to get more Dads on but the male part of the species seems to be a little scared of Baby stuff

Regards
    BBB

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrad View Post
    Steady on Gold Toe we need more blokes on here so stop trying to send them to other forums,
    Ha! Brad, you've never seen whirlpool if you think it is competition for Bubhub!
    No threat to the Hub's advertising revenue, as they are a tech forum, aside from that one thread I mentioned.

But it does give an example of a male-oriented forum, and you can see dramatic differences.
    The culture here can be a bit hard for some blokes to take.
    e.g. a thread starts out interesting, but then just reply after reply with no new content, just "hugs", "i agree", "how awful" ...
    YKWIM?
    (I'm not saying that happens all the time. Its just one example.)

Actually, just looking at all those dancing smiley icons on the reply/compose page would put most blokes I know off the site :-)

Cluelessmum is offline Not so clueless now with number 2 on the wy <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    opps
    Last edited by Cluelessmum; 16-03-2010 at 19:37. Reason: wrong area

Thanks
    Reviews
    BBB, you have been stalking me! lol
    I'm a member of some other car related forums which used to be good, but over time has become over moderated and full of mid aged know it all's who jabber on about absolute rubbish in the most politically correct way.

I hope this forum can be a little more free for dads to share their experiences with out the fear of being moderated because we might offend the 1% who might read it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default New fella here

Hi guys - thought I would take a few minutes to say g'day and give a brief intro.

I'm a 36 yr old American - probably one of those middle aged know it alls you've heard about from Vegabass - who moved to Perth with my wife about 2 months ago. I'm still adjusting to the cultural differences, but as we all speak English (pretty much, anyway!) it could be harder.

Our son is due in late June and I will be a home dad. I'm interested in meeting other SAHDs - whether in Perth or elsewhere. But I'm also looking just to touch base with dads in general.

I've started a blog http://funwithfatherhood.blogspot.com/ that I hope to use to communicate with friends and family. You're welcome to visit and post if you want.

Just wanted to say hi, g'day, or whatever. I hope to make a few virtual friends.