+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Twin Breastfeeding Dilemma

Hello everyone I have only recently joined so I hope someone can help me with my problem. I have 10 week old twin boys (born 7 weeks premature but weighed a hefty 5 pound 4 ounces each!!) and I currently breastfeed using the football position. For the last few weeks when I feed the boys they constantly pull off the breast and grunt and groan and sometimes even squeal and cry. I know my flow is pretty fast because they splutter and choke a bit when they first get on. The doctor told me they could have a dairy/cows milk allergy however I expressed some breastmilk and fed them from a bottle with no problem at all. It is becoming very stressful for me at feed times because it takes so long for them to finish after they stop grunting, groaning and fiddling around. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what was your cure? I have also tried assorted wind medicines to no avail.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Lactation consultant

Hi Lily
    I can't help you directly, but go see a lactation consultant. They are worth their weight in gold. Many health funds will allow you to claim for their services as well. They'll have heaps of different tips and tricks to help you out. Your hospital should be able to give you a pamhlet of consultants in your city.

Cheers