+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default success with DHEA

Hi Girls
    I have received some information in regards to DHEA from a few of you thank you very much.
    I just wanted to know has anyone been successful when using DHEA. It states that its used of older women but I am only 26 so I hope that I may benefit from this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For anyone interested - here is a CBS news article on DHEA

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_vi...ml?id=4318538n

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dhea

Hi Bunny,

Can I ask why you are looking at DHEA ?

I am new here but sadly not new to AC. I am very interested to hear any stories about DHEA. I have done 3 different protocols, get heaps of eggs but our embryo's are all highly fragmented & only ever 2 cells on day 2 & day 3 ! They have transfered the least crappy 3 times now but all BFN's .

Fs has mentioned donor eggs but all I hear is lalalalalalalalalalala.... I am not ready to hear that yet. I have an appointment next friday to discuss where we go next....there is talk of a natural cycle.... I will be dropping the DHEA bomb on the FS & hoping she will let us try it. I am worried she will say no

sorry ...would love to hear any feedback

Hope 2, thanks for the link

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi

Im too very interested in this and Juno yep im so not ready to hear about donor eggs either. I think it is not that common as yet to use in australia but luckliy a few ppl here have fs who are doing it.............my fs didn't mention it at all at my appt on fridy and i didn't ask as yet........be interested to hear what response u get????

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Follow up for dhea

Having read this thread and due to be starting DHEA myself soon I just wondered if any of you who tried it had success. Please let us know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls.
    I have been on DHEA for 5 months now & have had the best response I have ever had on a cycle.
    I had 6 eggs collected,6 fertilised,1x morula(day 3),1x 8 cell(day 3) transferred.I had no fragments & both embies were A grade! This has NEVER happened before. All 4 remaining embies are now frozen,this is also a first. I definately think it has helped my eggs as I have been (diagnosed) diminishing ovarian reserve,in saying that if you don't have an egg issue I don't think DHEA is going to benefit you.

Goodluck to us all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi 2121
    I started on dhea end of dec 2008 and fell pg in May. I did two cycles while taking it and noticed that i got better fertilisation rates, egg number was about the same but quality had definitely improved. I believe that the dhea might have helped a bit, but also in saying that the last 2 cycles i did was antagonist, so dont know if that made a difference as well. Anyway, i think its no harm trying dhea....only side effects i noticed was bit more hair loss and few little pimples on face, but overall i actually felt pretty good on it!

I wish you all the best, fell free to ask any questions i hope i can help.

YY

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well - I am in the 'older' group and I firmly believe DHEA is responsible for my pregnancy. I was taking DHEA for about 2 months and while waiting for my next IVF cycle I found out I was pregnant. In about 7 weeks I will get to hold my little miracle in my arms. I have no idea if it is beneficial to younger ladies but it is said to improve egg quality so it's worth a try in my book.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default DHEA Success

Wow, thanks ladies for your prompt responses. I now have DHEA troche in my fridge and may be starting them very soon. The reason I am not starting straight is away is because i am just awaiting the result of my latest antagonist cycle. I hade the poorest response yet when only two follies grew and only one egg collected. I had a day one transfer as I had just the one so no idea what quality the only thing they can say is that it fertilised with ICSI. I know this does not sound very positive but I am completely symptomless and do not feel as though it has worked hence my 2ww has been plotting my next attack on my ovaries LOL! It would be fantastic if I didn't need to take them but back up plan in place anyway :-)

I assume I would start on day one of AF and continue until pregnant? Or do I stop at egg collection? I have heard conflicting views on this?

Good luck to everyone with success and those in the 2ww, you give me renewed hope.