+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default I think my dog just ate foil

I just gave my dogs left over dinner from last night, lasgne i gave my dog bruttus the lasgne that was in the foil that it came in (frozen lasgne), i just checked on them, and he has been i think eating the foil will it hurt him or should i ring the vet, im not sure if he ate any or not but the foil dih itself is in million pieces

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you are worried, ring your vet and ask.

However I have a story for you.........

My mothers dog - Sandy(who has since died of old age) was a chocaholic!!

We had an easter sleepover one year for Miss T - 7 girls, easter egg hunt, giggles etc. After the hunt, we decided to walk to Maccas for dinner (healthy I know) Sandy was locked outside.

On our return, we found that Sandy had jumped in through the loungeroom window, and consumed EVERY egg in the house. Of course, they were all wrapped! I estimated 1.5 KILOS of chocolate (my eggs, girls eggs, mothers eggs etc) EVERY one was gone!

Sandy was a bit uncomfortable through the night, with really bad flatulence, and very thirsty. But survived to deposit lovely rainbow coloured dog poo (full of brightly coloured foil) over the next few days!!

I swear she had a castiron stomach!

I'm sure your dog will be fine! But as I said, if you are at all worried - you should ring your vet!

Good Luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It should be ok... will just come out the other end. They may not have eaten it anyway, my dog takes pieces of plastic and stuff and tries to get an extra food off them, in the process tearing it into 100s of pieces but not actually eating it. My dog also eats used tissues (yum).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gymhk74 View Post
    If you are worried, ring your vet and ask.

However I have a story for you.........

My mothers dog - Sandy(who has since died of old age) was a chocaholic!!

We had an easter sleepover one year for Miss T - 7 girls, easter egg hunt, giggles etc. After the hunt, we decided to walk to Maccas for dinner (healthy I know) Sandy was locked outside.

On our return, we found that Sandy had jumped in through the loungeroom window, and consumed EVERY egg in the house. Of course, they were all wrapped! I estimated 1.5 KILOS of chocolate (my eggs, girls eggs, mothers eggs etc) EVERY one was gone!

Sandy was a bit uncomfortable through the night, with really bad flatulence, and very thirsty. But survived to deposit lovely rainbow coloured dog poo (full of brightly coloured foil) over the next few days!!

I swear she had a castiron stomach!

I'm sure your dog will be fine! But as I said, if you are at all worried - you should ring your vet!

Good Luck!
    OMG where yous upset, i think he will be fine i have kept an eye on him and he is fine atm.

Quote Originally Posted by MummyGoingMad View Post
    My dog also eats used tissues (yum).
    Eww tasty NOT

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    he should be fine, watch for any signs of constipation or vomiting if you see this take to vet but he should just pass it
    Kelly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a Labrador.

The first few things my dog ate bizarre things I had a fit, now I know just to watch him for signs of blockage.

Foil, he doesn't like so much...I expect it makes his teeth feel funny (like when we accidently chomp on it) He does, however, like plastic, hair bands, Barbie dolls, paper, tissues, wooden spoons.....