+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Question A question re: ovulation after a miscarriage, and new to ovulation tests!

Hi I have a question for those of you who understand a little more about ovulation and TTC .

I had a natural mc at 7 weeks and the bleeding lasted for 7 days. The last day was Thursday 24th July. My DH and I want to try again ASAP, so I am wondering when I am likely to ovulate again? I bought a clearblue digital ovulation test (what does OPK stand for? sorry just something I have been wondering for a while ,as I have never used them). I am not sure when to start testing.

Has anyone else had a mc around 6-7 weeks and then known when they ovulated before the next AF?

Thanks in advance .

Mandy

Thanks
    Reviews
    *Bump*

Anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gt my AF 29 days after a d&c so I would say I ovulated around day 18 or 19. But your cycle can be a little messy afterwards due to hormone fluctuations. The next cycle I ovulated on Day 15 as I did the following month.

I also had a clearblue digital but only used it the one cycle and actually I didn't work that well for me. Didn't pick up estrogen levels that well and kept saying I was fertile well after my O. The reason I know this is I got pregnant the cycle I used it and I was doing a tacking cycle with a F/S at the same time AND temping! I wanted to test them out. My DH was a awaya lot that cycyel and so we only did the deed once when I was fertile!

Tam-I-Am is offline Winner 2009 - Most Helpful Member Award
    Winner 2007 The most helpful moderator/admin award
    2008 AWARD WINNER - The most polite member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    OPK = Ovulation Prediction Kit

I don't know the answer to the rest of your question though Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jender View Post
    I gt my AF 29 days after a d&c so I would say I ovulated around day 18 or 19. But your cycle can be a little messy afterwards due to hormone fluctuations. The next cycle I ovulated on Day 15 as I did the following month.

I also had a clearblue digital but only used it the one cycle and actually I didn't work that well for me. Didn't pick up estrogen levels that well and kept saying I was fertile well after my O. The reason I know this is I got pregnant the cycle I used it and I was doing a tacking cycle with a F/S at the same time AND temping! I wanted to test them out. My DH was a awaya lot that cycyel and so we only did the deed once when I was fertile!
    Thanks for your reply Jender . I hope my cycle is close to normal like yours was.

I actually didnt realise you cant buy refill tips for the clearblue, so that means it will cost about $50/60 each cycle . Oh well LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you want to PM your address, I am happy to send you my box of refills....for whatever reasons, OPKs are just not that good for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    after my miscarrages I ovulated about day 15, or there abouts

some peoples cycles can get quite messed up after a miscarrage though, so may take a while to get back on track

good luck with everything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mandy, once again Im so sorry about your m/c

My cycle was not too disrupted after my D&C (however, I had loooooonnng cycles 45 days plus- but the point is I ovulated when I would have expected). But Gizzy is right, sometimes your cycle can be screwed up for a little while after m/c too. I hope yours goes back to normal quickly.

Do you know approx how long your cycle was before falling preg? I would use that as a guide, but just continue to BD (baby dance) every 2 days till you get AF, you have a better chance of catching the egg that way.

As for ovulation tests, I can recommend some that I used that are MUCH cheaper than the clearblue ones. There are 2 places I got them from - Lullaby conceptions and also some cheap ones off ebay.... both worked well for me. They are both online though so postage might take a week or so. If you want more details PM me

Good luck, lots of baby dust

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I think the first cycle after mc is a bit unpredictable. After my last mc I waited for 8 weeks for af, so have no idea when I ovulated. My last cycle seems to have returned to my normal pattern of between 32-33 days. I did OPK test and ovulated day 18 which is normal for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizzy View Post
    after my miscarrages I ovulated about day 15, or there abouts

some peoples cycles can get quite messed up after a miscarrage though, so may take a while to get back on track

good luck with everything
    Thanks for your reply. When you say 15 days, is that 15 days from when your mc ended? Or from the first day? Sorry, dont mean to pry, or sound morbid, but I am unsure about what people mean when they say this. I am new to TTC threads . Feel free to pm me if you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Katieflutterby View Post
    Mandy, once again Im so sorry about your m/c

My cycle was not too disrupted after my D&C (however, I had loooooonnng cycles 45 days plus- but the point is I ovulated when I would have expected). But Gizzy is right, sometimes your cycle can be screwed up for a little while after m/c too. I hope yours goes back to normal quickly.

Do you know approx how long your cycle was before falling preg? I would use that as a guide, but just continue to BD (baby dance) every 2 days till you get AF, you have a better chance of catching the egg that way.

As for ovulation tests, I can recommend some that I used that are MUCH cheaper than the clearblue ones. There are 2 places I got them from - Lullaby conceptions and also some cheap ones off ebay.... both worked well for me. They are both online though so postage might take a week or so. If you want more details PM me

Good luck, lots of baby dust
    Thankyou Katie, it means a lot . My cycles are usually 28-30 days, they used to be 28 days to the dot but then they started varying by a couple of days. 28 days being the amount of days not including AF.
    I will continure with Clearblue for now, and hopefully I wont need anymore . But if I run out I might pm you for the details (if still ok), I just dont want to 'jinx' it... weird I know !!!