+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Need advice - wwyd?

I bought a new dishwasher from Myer. I got a Dishlex which I wasnt too thrilled about but the Myer guy told me Dishlex were the only people who installed as well as delivered, in fact 2 Myer guys told me this. Even though I already had a dishwasher and figured replacing it would be easy, I went the safe option and got the Dishlex for free installation.
    So last Saturday the Myer truck pulls up - in comes the dishwasher, but the guys say "oh we dont install", so they leave it in the front room while I wait till Tuesday for Myer guy 1 to come back from holidays. I ring him and he says "no - the Myer guys dont install, we should have got the Dishlex guys to deliever", so he says the Myer guys have to come and take away the new one, and the Dishlex guys then come from Sydney (I am in Canberra) and bring another one (exactly the same as the one in my front room) and install it.
    I happen to be home today with a sick kid - I was going to take time off tomorrow to come home for the Dishlex installation but I ring Myer guy 1 and he says Dishlex only come on Fridays but he will send someone round to pick up the one in the front room
    So the guys come, look at the existing connection and say that I have an extension hose, they say Myer guy 1 asked them to look - so we ring him and tell him and he now says "we cant install as its not a standard fit". I said I would go him halves on a plumber and he says he cant. He will refund the $35 delivery and thats it. I talk to the delivery guys and they said let Dishlex come and see what they say - so they left not taking the one here (oh another part of the deal is they take away the old one)

A medal to anyone still reading. So what do I do? Im thinking I ring Myer guy 1 and say Myer must install it. I was told by 2 Myer people they would install and noone said anything about standard fittings. This is just ridiculus.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is very confusing, I don't get why they delivered the machine in the first place if they can't install it.

And now why they want to take it away and have dishlex deliver the exact same one.

If I was you, I'd ring up Myer 1 guy and say:

"Look, I'm throughly confused I understand that there are certain protocols and practices. However can you just get someone to come and install my new dish washer and take the old one away? and give me a day when this will happen?"

punkbaby is offline Got it back :D
    Winner 2007 The most helpful member award & The member
    youd most like to meet in real life award & The newbie of the year award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Ring myer and demand a refund, and also complain to management, even verbal or in writing. i cannot stand when sales people use the bonus "yes we install it" speel just to get you to buy something.

I would have thrown it back at him if i could lift it LOL

Go elsewhere, get your money back and go to someone who can actually arrange installation as well too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NewMe View Post
    I would ring them up and ask to return it for a full refund and deal with a different company. That way you can get the dishwasher that you really want(sounds like you don't really want the dishlex) and don't have to be put out 2 days in a row(ie sick child today and dishlex people coming round tomorrow). But maybe I'm just not patient

i would diffently be asking for a full refund and shop somewhere else like good guys

Myztik is offline My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I agree with ringing them to pick it up and get a full refund. They've stuffed you around enough.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default it is confusing

there are 2 delivery methods - the myer guys just deliver or there is a special deal where the Dishlex guys deliver direct from Sydney and install. They ticked the wrong box on my invoice. Dishlex will only install a machine they physically bring - so they wont install the one still sitting in a box in my front room.

I want the free installation as the neighbours just paid $200.

I just rang Myer and myer guy 1 is now backing down, I want to buy it from Myer because generally they have great service, but this has been such a stuff up.

and all the things on the bottom because my daughter has been playing..

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Got my new dishwasher

The dishlex man came from Sydney yesterday and installed the dishwasher. So now I have a new one installed - but still have another new one in the front room! Wonder if Myer will remember to come and pick it up.

Great to see the new one featured on Today Tonight yesterday as a fire risk - just topped off the whole saga. And compared to my old Bendix it just seems cheap and plastic - though I didnt want to spend over $1000 so I guess thats what I have to expect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beancounter View Post
    The dishlex man came from Sydney yesterday and installed the dishwasher. So now I have a new one installed - but still have another new one in the front room! Wonder if Myer will remember to come and pick it up.

Great to see the new one featured on Today Tonight yesterday as a fire risk - just topped off the whole saga. And compared to my old Bendix it just seems cheap and plastic - though I didnt want to spend over $1000 so I guess thats what I have to expect.
    I saw this last night too and thought of you an other drama you don't need.
    Hope you can get it looked out quickly and not having anymore issues.