+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    For more info about additives and preservatives, a reliable (and very scary) website is the Australian Governments Food Safety website.

www.foodstandards.gov.au specifically under the 'Food Matters' tab.

It still baffles me that the Australian governemtn know what is in foods and what the effects are, but they continue to allow them to be sold and consumed.

http://www.naturallysavvy.com/site.php?id=137 I also found the above website which lists specifically the effects of types of additives used in manufactured foods.

I don't trust any numbers any more either and we only eat free range or organic meat. Meat from farms that are not free range or organic is full of rubbish too like antibiotics and presevatives etc. That and the animals are treated much more humanely on free range and organic farms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Check out this site..
    http://www.fedupwithfoodadditives.info/
    Sue Dengate is my IDOL!!
    I have one of her books and it is invaluable.
    DS rarely ate a "number" before he was three and we are still very conscious of it even though it is much harder to monitor at 4.
    I believe 100% that SOME children's so called "problem" behaviour could be helped by a change in diet.
    I also think asthma can be helped by avoiding certain numbers...
    Nothing upsets me more than a tiny person wandering around the supermarket with a big bottle of fanta and a packet of twisties...
    tragic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How do you handle meat for bread eg?? I mean cooking works ok, I make most myself, but how about sandwiches? Or can I find somewhere a list of brands that are ok?? Not sure if I can name them here?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default hidden preservitives

In regards to the kettle chips, isn't it true that if the oil is less then 5% of the product then there could be anti-oxidants that are on the list of not to eats that don't have to be labelled? considering that oils generally have anti-oxidants it is more then likely?

Makes it very hard to really know what your eating?