+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default help on who do ear piercing for baby??

hello. this is really petty and i dont know if should post this. but this is always crossing my mind. hope i didnt waste any of your time.

im just new here in australia. came from the manila, philippines. now 29 weeks pregnant and expecting a baby girl. in our country, we are used in putting earrings to baby girl as early as 3 months old. it is done health centres and ob's clinic during check ups or appointments. now im wondering where should i bring my baby girl on the time that i want her to have her 1st earrings. please help..

anything would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Maydr,
    I had my daughter's ears pierce at about 4-5months of age and found that a lot of people would not do it. i found a place at Morayfield Shopping Centre that did it and the lady was fantastic, I think the name of the shop was cosmectic plus.

Tracey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't think your question is petty at all! Ear piercing in Australia is generally done either at specialty shops or at beauty salons.

The specialty shops are equipped with both the piercing guns for ears and needle equipment for other body parts. Shops should be licensed for operation which means they have to comply with standards for sterilisation and cleanliness. Most shops would cater only to adults, I'm not sure how well they would deal with an infant.

Beauty salons would (I think) mainly pierce ears and not other body parts. They may not need to be licensed but still have to meet public health requirements for infection control. Again, most clients they see would be adults so it's best to talk with them first and make sure they know what they're doing for an infant and that you trust them.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default thanks!

hi martha and tracey,

thank you so much! now i know where to start. i'll update you both when i have my dd ear pierce.

thanks again!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Maydr,

I;m also from the Philippines and I'm 13 weeks pregnant. My sister had my niece's ears pierced at their local Chemist/Pharmacy when she wast 5 months.

Maybe ask around chemists as well.

Good Luck!

Eslay

our little treasures is offline Gorgeous family wonderful friends <3 life!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi there,

I had dd ears pierced when she was 8mnths - I've found the younger the better they handle it. I rang a heap of places I managed to find that most won't pierce until 12mnths and some are 2years. Although some chemists like terry whites and hairdressers do them.
    I hope you find one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Maydr
    I had my daughters ears done in a piercing studio, they did tell me that alot of places now are refusing to do it now until babies are 12 months, I don't know how true this is but shop around and I'm sure you will find somewhere that will do it.

Good luck
    Lisa

Thanks
    Reviews

Default thanks!!!

hi ladies,

thanks for all the info. im now almost 38 weeks and really getting sooooo excited to see my dd. i would love to update you all on her arrival and on her 1st earrings.

regards,
    may

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by eslay2005
    Hi Maydr,

I;m also from the Philippines and I'm 13 weeks pregnant. My sister had my niece's ears pierced at their local Chemist/Pharmacy when she wast 5 months.

Maybe ask around chemists as well.

Good Luck!

Eslay

hi eslay,

nice to here from a filipina. unfortunately we're from two different states. anyways, hope all is well with you and your pregnancy.

may