+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default how soon is too soon

I am due with bubs #1 in 10 weeks and dh wants to try for #2 virtually within the first few months so they can grow up together

I know no matter what the difference in age would be between children it will be hard so that is not my issue but how long should you give your body before you try and conceive again?

I am assuming if you fall pregnant too early you have a higher chance of miscarriage?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I fell pregnant 12 weeks after giving birth to my daughter and honestly being pregnant this soon is REALLY hard work. You could still be having sleepless nights but also dealing with the exhaustion of pregnancy. Now im finding changing DD's nappy is really getting to be an impossible mission as I just cant reach over my belly. I can't get down on the floor and play with her as I would if I wasnt pregnant. I can't carry her around the house.. i have to have a shopping stroller in here to wheel her around lol When shes wanting extra attention and I still have things to do I can't hold her and do them... my belly is too big to allow that and she can't walk or anything yet.

So its not just the 'raising two close together' that you need to think about its what pregnancy will be like with a newborn.

Also, its your first bub your having.. give it some time and see how you go first before rushing in to things. You might change your mind once you've experienced it a bit.

I can't wait for my new little bundle to arrive but even the pregnancy is hard work, and it only gets harder once shes born I'm sure!

As for medical reasons - talk to your doctor at your 6 week check about it. I was told the ONLY medical 'risk' for me was that I had just had my second cesar so the scar was still fresh and 'weak' so there is a SLIGHTLY higher increase in it rupturing.

I have heard there is a slightly higher chance of miscarriage but in talking to my doctors and ob I never had this confirmed by them.

Another thing to consider - if you are planning on breastfeeding - falling pregnant again CAN (not always but it did for me within days of conception) dry up your milk supply. Also breastfeeding can stop you from ovulating for a very long time... which could prolong your time to concieve also.

Of course there are plenty of pro's of having a bub around 12 month age gap... but they're just a few 'other' things to consider

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumtobe82
    I am due with bubs #1 in 10 weeks and dh wants to try for #2 virtually within the first few months so they can grow up together

I know no matter what the difference in age would be between children it will be hard so that is not my issue but how long should you give your body before you try and conceive again?

I am assuming if you fall pregnant too early you have a higher chance of miscarriage?

I think that it is great you and your DH want to have another child as well

I can just tell you would be an wesome mother

Thanks
    Reviews
    My two are 15.5 months apart and now it is great!

As for the pg part of it, I had a troubled pg so I cant really comment about a normal pg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Two of my girlfriends fell pregnant when their babies were both 3 months. I know it's hard now for them but in the long term it will be great. Today we went to a stage show one walks(runs away) and one doesn't it's hard for her to control both of them at the same time. I have trouble controlling my one. I asked her if she regretted having them so close but she said no,for there is exactly one year difference. I think you manage the best you can.
    My second is due in August and my two boys will be two years and 2 mths apart. My son understands everything I ask him to do so I know when the baby comes he will be very helpful but may be jealous at the same time. Each age gap brings different challenges it's up to you if you're up to the challenge. Larger age gaps may mean one follows the other every where which can be annoying for an older child.
    I too want another one (#3) soon after within a year or two only cause I am getting older and would like to have a less risky pregnancy, so it will be our choice to have 3 under 4yrs. I don't care I just want to finish having babies so we can grow up as a family.
    Good luck with it, it's such a personal choice for you and your family.