Poll: What size is your family car?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 360
  1. #251
    lambjam's Avatar
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,177
    Thanks
    2,058
    Thanked
    4,956
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    How do arrange 4 car seats in the Mazda CX-9?? How can the anchored seats slide forward to allow access to the back if they are tethered in with the seat belt..?
    I will have 2 FF car seats and boosters.
    Ah, I know your pain! I went over and over this when I was deciding...

    So you have two anchored seats and two non-anchored? I have two anchored and one non-anchored. My two anchored go behind the driver's seat and in the middle, my non-anchored goes behind the passenger seat, which is the seat that gets flipped down to access the third row. That way, if I need to pull that chair out it's no big deal.

    However... that's in a Territory. When I was tossing up the CX-9, I got the dealer to measure the various parts of the middle row and figured out that I couldn't fit my two anchored seats and leave room for the third seat to flip down. So if I'd bought a CX-9, the only convenient way into the third row would have been through the boot.

  2. #252
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    13,469
    Thanks
    731
    Thanked
    2,348
    Reviews
    34
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We currently have a large sedan but are going to be getting a SUV again soon I miss my 4WD. Lol

  3. #253
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    587
    Thanks
    173
    Thanked
    64
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have a land cruiser with 8 seats on LPG and a Mitsubishi lancer wagon with 5 seats

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,070
    Thanks
    271
    Thanked
    2,694
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Ah, I know your pain! I went over and over this when I was deciding...

    So you have two anchored seats and two non-anchored? I have two anchored and one non-anchored. My two anchored go behind the driver's seat and in the middle, my non-anchored goes behind the passenger seat, which is the seat that gets flipped down to access the third row. That way, if I need to pull that chair out it's no big deal.

    However... that's in a Territory. When I was tossing up the CX-9, I got the dealer to measure the various parts of the middle row and figured out that I couldn't fit my two anchored seats and leave room for the third seat to flip down. So if I'd bought a CX-9, the only convenient way into the third row would have been through the boot.
    I'm the same. I don't know why I wrote boosters, I have 2 anchored and only 1 non anchored (where a very begrudged small nearly 8 yr old sits)
    The thing is.. My DS2 is so....ahem...."spirited". I can't have him next to DD as he will hurt her if he's in a bad mood..
    So I will have to put DS1 in the middle and just use the boot for 3rd row access...
    Will that work.? We are putting a deposit on it today so I'm hoping it will!!

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    19,775
    Thanks
    5,207
    Thanked
    7,055
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Looking at all of these cars, I'm sorta glad I only have the one child

    My car is a hatch, and it's the one we drive on family days. DP's is a sportscar so not practical at all. Love my lil hatch - costs me about $53 to fill and that will last me close to 3 weeks, including driving to and from work 5 days per week.

  6. #256
    lambjam's Avatar
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,177
    Thanks
    2,058
    Thanked
    4,956
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    So I will have to put DS1 in the middle and just use the boot for 3rd row access...
    Will that work.? We are putting a deposit on it today so I'm hoping it will!!
    The split seat will no doubt help you here, I imagine it's much easier to climb into with one seat down! Very exciting, what colour are you getting?

  7. #257
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,070
    Thanks
    271
    Thanked
    2,694
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    The split seat will no doubt help you here, I imagine it's much easier to climb into with one seat down! Very exciting, what colour are you getting?
    Thanks for the reply...! We are getting the aluminium. What model territory did you end up getting. I was looking at the titanium model... Absolutely awesome!!

  8. #258
    lambjam's Avatar
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,177
    Thanks
    2,058
    Thanked
    4,956
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    Thanks for the reply...! We are getting the aluminium. What model territory did you end up getting. I was looking at the titanium model... Absolutely awesome!!
    We got a TS Limited Edition a year ago, when they were running them out just before the new model. In some ways I wish we'd waited for the diesel, but we would have had to wait for ages and we saved about 10k getting an older model.

  9. #259
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    I've got a 2010 Mitsubishi lancer aspire. Costs about $70 to fill the tank and that give me about 650km out of the tank. Pregnant with baby number three. So no need to upgrade car

  10. #260
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,484
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked
    90
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a 1996 Vs commodore acclaim. So wish we could get a new car but at least it fits 3 seats


 

Similar Threads

  1. what bra size are you?
    By EmPowering in forum General Chat
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 18:19
  2. How old for size 0?
    By Ponioes in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 14-02-2012, 17:10
  3. Family dinners/gatherings - What does your family do? Do you contribute?
    By mummyoftwo in forum Issues with Family Members
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 13-02-2012, 19:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts