Poll: What size is your family car?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    How do arrange 4 car seats in the Mazda CX-9?? How can the anchored seats slide forward to allow access to the back if they are tethered in with the seat belt..?
    I will have 2 FF car seats and boosters.
    Ah, I know your pain! I went over and over this when I was deciding...

So you have two anchored seats and two non-anchored? I have two anchored and one non-anchored. My two anchored go behind the driver's seat and in the middle, my non-anchored goes behind the passenger seat, which is the seat that gets flipped down to access the third row. That way, if I need to pull that chair out it's no big deal.

However... that's in a Territory. When I was tossing up the CX-9, I got the dealer to measure the various parts of the middle row and figured out that I couldn't fit my two anchored seats and leave room for the third seat to flip down. So if I'd bought a CX-9, the only convenient way into the third row would have been through the boot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We currently have a large sedan but are going to be getting a SUV again soon I miss my 4WD. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have a land cruiser with 8 seats on LPG and a Mitsubishi lancer wagon with 5 seats

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Ah, I know your pain! I went over and over this when I was deciding...

So you have two anchored seats and two non-anchored? I have two anchored and one non-anchored. My two anchored go behind the driver's seat and in the middle, my non-anchored goes behind the passenger seat, which is the seat that gets flipped down to access the third row. That way, if I need to pull that chair out it's no big deal.

However... that's in a Territory. When I was tossing up the CX-9, I got the dealer to measure the various parts of the middle row and figured out that I couldn't fit my two anchored seats and leave room for the third seat to flip down. So if I'd bought a CX-9, the only convenient way into the third row would have been through the boot.
    I'm the same. I don't know why I wrote boosters, I have 2 anchored and only 1 non anchored (where a very begrudged small nearly 8 yr old sits)
    The thing is.. My DS2 is so....ahem...."spirited". I can't have him next to DD as he will hurt her if he's in a bad mood..
    So I will have to put DS1 in the middle and just use the boot for 3rd row access...
    Will that work.? We are putting a deposit on it today so I'm hoping it will!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Looking at all of these cars, I'm sorta glad I only have the one child

My car is a hatch, and it's the one we drive on family days. DP's is a sportscar so not practical at all. Love my lil hatch - costs me about $53 to fill and that will last me close to 3 weeks, including driving to and from work 5 days per week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I will have to put DS1 in the middle and just use the boot for 3rd row access...
    Will that work.? We are putting a deposit on it today so I'm hoping it will!!
    The split seat will no doubt help you here, I imagine it's much easier to climb into with one seat down! Very exciting, what colour are you getting?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    The split seat will no doubt help you here, I imagine it's much easier to climb into with one seat down! Very exciting, what colour are you getting?
    Thanks for the reply...! We are getting the aluminium. What model territory did you end up getting. I was looking at the titanium model... Absolutely awesome!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reply...! We are getting the aluminium. What model territory did you end up getting. I was looking at the titanium model... Absolutely awesome!!
    We got a TS Limited Edition a year ago, when they were running them out just before the new model. In some ways I wish we'd waited for the diesel, but we would have had to wait for ages and we saved about 10k getting an older model.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got a 2010 Mitsubishi lancer aspire. Costs about $70 to fill the tank and that give me about 650km out of the tank. Pregnant with baby number three. So no need to upgrade car

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a 1996 Vs commodore acclaim. So wish we could get a new car but at least it fits 3 seats