+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Meagss

Thank you for sharing that beautiful link to share your story of your beautiful little man, Jayden-Luke. My heart aches for you, and I cant imagine the pain you have experienced, but I am so pleased that you have been blessed with the joy of your new little boy. Good luck with this new pregnancy.

Sending you love and hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by earthmother07 View Post
    Thanks so much for starting this thread. I to am a hellp survivor. I had hyperamesis during my pregnancy and was very ill for the 40 weeks. I spent most of the time in bed and was cared for by family. Therefore, my symptoms of Hellp syndrome were rather difficult to pick. It wasn't until 3 days after my baby was born when my family demanded blood work (as the hospital had refused and claimed I was fine) that it was discovered. Of course hyperamesis disappears after delivery and I was still that ill that I couldnt' get my head of the pillow. I was told I would be fine after 9 days but was not told that I would have a very long recovery period ahead of me. I feel very blessed as my little one has perfect health and my heart goes out to those women who's angels did not make it. I have felt rather isolated as it is very difficult to find other women who had survived such a disorder. Does anyone know of any support groups, were familys get together??
    Hi earthmother07,
    I am sorry I didnt see your post until now, your story just goes too show how unaware a lot of Dr's are of HELLP syndrome, Sounds like you have a very supportive family though .

As far as support groups go I am afraid I dont know of any but if you go to the www.aapec.com.au site and perhaps ask them via email if they know of any in your area that would be your best bet.
    Last edited by naiwen; 13-09-2010 at 19:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DJ71 thankyou so much for your story,

I am sorry to here about you having bladder problems on top of HELLP, that mudt have been tough. Is it causing you any pain still?

I honestly wish there was more I could do too raise awareness about this because while it may be rare it can be so tragic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Naiwen

Is there a way we can exchange personal contact details? Im new to Bub Hub so im not sure about the protocol.

I agree with you 100% that more needs to be done to raise awareness of HELLP Syndrome

Sending hugs

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    wowi havenever heard of this before

ladies

meaggss, your website is just beautiful

Pegasus is offline and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hi DJ

In terms of protocol of swapping personal information - you are welcome to do it via pm if you wish to discuss stuff further (exchange email addresses, or phone numbers or whatever), we just try to discourage people from doing it in the main forum area as it opens you up to stalkers, spammers or whatever.

Hope that helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    DJ71, feel free to PM me,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    I just wanted to say what a great thread.
    I know someone that lost a baby due to HELLP.
    They didnt know she had it she was 34 weeks.
    Seems to me alot of people just dont know anything about it .

pen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ71 View Post
    Meagss

Thank you for sharing that beautiful link to share your story of your beautiful little man, Jayden-Luke. My heart aches for you, and I cant imagine the pain you have experienced, but I am so pleased that you have been blessed with the joy of your new little boy. Good luck with this new pregnancy.

Sending you love and hugs
    Thanks so much for your thoughts, DJ71. Yeah, it's been hard and I still have tears frequently. In time, I hope I will be able to think of him more with happiness in celebration of his short life with us, rather than sadness because he had to leave us.
    And you are right, there's nothing like a new pregnancy and life growing inside you to bring a flood of light and hope for the future. If it wasn't for DS2, I don't know where I would be right now.

My heart goes out to you too... you've had your own battles to fight and by no means had it easy with your littlest bub's start in life. Not only that, you're also having to deal with your own grief and are mourning the fact he will be your last . It's easy for people to tell you to be grateful for the children you do have, but it doesn't work like that. As you journey through your sadness, take comfort that my little angel is watching over you and sending hugs from above.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissSookyLaLa View Post
    wowi havenever heard of this before

ladies

meaggss, your website is just beautiful
    Thank you to you too MissSooky.
    I know, it's a bit of an eye-opener, hey. Like other serious complications in pregnancy, you are never made aware of them until they happen to you or someone you know. They say HELLP is 'rare', but that doesn't really seem to be the case. Is that just an excuse doctors use so they don't have to bother educating pregnant women on the dangers of it and promoting some awareness??