+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default TTC with severe endo

Hi all, i don't really know where to start and don't want to bore you with a long story so i'll do my best to write what i have to as brief as i can.

Well when i first got my periods i was 10 and from then until i was 15 which is when i went on the pill i had trouble with my period, heavy bleeding, pain etc anyway when i went on the pill things seemed to settle down then when i was 20 i fell preg and wasn't even trying to conceive, preg went well apart from me having bad m/s and losing 14kg's and then when my daughter was 4 weeks old i fell preg again but 8 weeks later i had a m/c since then i have had really heavy periods, lots of pain all throughout the month not just at period time and i wasn't able 2 conceive so after 2 and a bit years i went 2 c a gyno and he did an internal ultrasound which showed my womb was enlarged and had fluid around it so i was then put on a high dose of antibiotics fo 3 wks and was sent for blood tests 2 c if i had an infection, turns out i didnt hav an infection but he couldnt explain what was wrong with me and why i couldnt get preg so that was it, then 18 months later i moved back to newcastle and decided to find another gyno, 6 months later i found one and she sent me 4 blood tests and an internal scan and then 2 months later i had a lap done which showed i hav severe endo, 6 months after the lap (august 2007) i started ttc again with no luck by april i was off 2 c the gyno again and she told me the pill and hormone tab's may helpwith my period and pian but im ttc so i cant take them and my best option is a hysterectomy and i need it NOW because of the severity of my endo obviously i dont want that either cause i want another baby. I asked about doing another lap but she doesnt want 2 cause it could make me hav 2 hav a hysterectomy anyway her response was what we need 2 do is control your pain and get you preg but she wont help me get preg until august which will b 12 months since i started trying. I dont understand why she wont help when she knows my prob's, why should i have 2 wait the 12 months.This has been going on for 6 years. I am now 27 and would like 2 more babies and i already hav a daughter who is almost 6 so thats going to b a fair age gap as it is i don't want 2 wait 2 much longer. I guess i just want some advice on what i should do and has any1 been in my situation. Sorry i have written so much

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

I know how hard it can be sometimes.

Firstly - go to another gyno if that one wont help before the 12 months are up. The 12 months is only for women trying naturally for the first time etc. If you have known fertility issues then that doesnt really apply.

When they did your last lap, did they successfully clear most of the endo/adhesions? Were your tubes clear? Why did you wait 6 months after the lap to ttc again? (the 6 months after a lap is when you are MOST likely to conceive naturally)

I dont really understand why your gyno doesnt want to do another lap. How can a lap result in you 'having to have a hysterectomy'?

Unfortunately, often with severe endo, the only option for conception is IVF. Are you prepared for that?

Sometimes a pregnancy will reduce the severity of endo, so hopefully if you manage to have 2 more children your issues may resolve themselves without you having to have a hysterectomy at the end.

Sorry for all the questions. I wish you all the luck in the world.

Just to give you some hope - I had a lap in 2005, where they found severe endo. I had that removed but had substantial scarring of 1 overy and tube (and the other tube was 'sluggish') so was told I couldnt conceive naturally. 3 months later I got a natural BFP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KatiesMum View Post

I know how hard it can be sometimes.

Firstly - go to another gyno if that one wont help before the 12 months are up. The 12 months is only for women trying naturally for the first time etc. If you have known fertility issues then that doesnt really apply.

When they did your last lap, did they successfully clear most of the endo/adhesions? Were your tubes clear? Why did you wait 6 months after the lap to ttc again? (the 6 months after a lap is when you are MOST likely to conceive naturally)

I dont really understand why your gyno doesnt want to do another lap. How can a lap result in you 'having to have a hysterectomy'?

Unfortunately, often with severe endo, the only option for conception is IVF. Are you prepared for that?

Sometimes a pregnancy will reduce the severity of endo, so hopefully if you manage to have 2 more children your issues may resolve themselves without you having to have a hysterectomy at the end.

Sorry for all the questions. I wish you all the luck in the world.

Just to give you some hope - I had a lap in 2005, where they found severe endo. I had that removed but had substantial scarring of 1 overy and tube (and the other tube was 'sluggish') so was told I couldnt conceive naturally. 3 months later I got a natural BFP.

Hi katie's mum,

As far as i know they successfully cleared most of my endo although there were a few bits that were to dangerous to remove and my tubes were fine. I wasn't quite ready to ttc when they done my lap, the reason for the lap was to diagnose the problem but now when i look back i think maybe i should of just started trying once i recovered.

I don't really understand why she doesn't want to do another lap, she said something about with the amount of endo she would have to remove she may damage my tubes etc and then maybe resulting in a hysterectomy

I have thought about the possibility i may need IVF but i dont think im prepared for it, its not something i really want to go through but if thats what it takes thats what i'll have to do i guess

Yes i have heard that and i am hoping by having 2 more kids my endo will reduce and i will be ok and not need a hysterectomy

Thankyou for taking the time to reply to me, and thankyou for your support. I'm glad there is still hope