+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pram dilemma, 1 baby, 2 toddlers

Hi

I was wondering whether anyone can offer me some solutions to what will be a problem for us.

I'm having my 3rd at the end of this year. I propose carrying it for the first 2 months in the Baby Bjorn, like I did with the first two. But once it gets too heavy for me to go on long walks with it in the carrier I'm stuck insofar as logistics of prams with 1 baby and 2 toddlers.

When my baby is 2 months, my eldest will be 3.5 & the 2nd will have just turned 2. My older one is capable of walking small distances, which I know will increase as he gets older, but I still see many 3-4 years older in prams in shopping centres and on long walks as I know they can only walk so far.

We have a double pram that doesn't fit a boogy board or toddler seat. I'm really not wanting to buy another pram for a year or so, as I know that when my eldest is 4 he will be able to walk most places.

What can I do?

R

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default think about the tritton trekker

Hello,

I am going to be in nearly the same boat as yourself expect my daughter will be just 4 and my son will be around the 30month mark when number 3 comes in early September.

Earlier this year we bought a second hand triton trekker for $350 that can later be fitted with a toddler seat which I think I will do, because hopefully we will still like to walk on the weekend and on days when preschool is not on.

I am very happy with the triton (despite putting it in the car when pregnant) and you don't have to attach the seat if you don't want to.

Am I the only one concerned about having 3 little children?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hi Sopoli & Ruth K
    I'm also in this boat. Come 28/10/05 baby #3 will be born, Chelsea will be 3 & 3/4, Nicola will be 26 months. 3 under 4 sounds like so much, especially when my girls are so active!
    When Nicola was born I purchased a VALCO RENEGADE DUO which is a really nice tandem pram (one in front of other, not side by side). I've sent in a review for it so hopefully they'll put it on here, but I've found it invaluable and my eldest still likes riding in it. They retail for about $300-350 and VALCO also have an extra "skate board" type attachment called the "hitch hiker" that will fit almost all prams around (strollers, prams buggies etc) and is suitable for toddlers who like some freedom but still need a place to rest on longer trips.

I've been wracking my brain to find some other suggestions that don't involve the purchase of a new pram but I'm stumped at the moment - I'll ask around at my mothers group tomorrow!
    Anna