+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How do we go on??? advice please

Today has been a bad day, I no in perspective others are far worse off than us but right now im having a pitty party for one and need some advice.

This afternoon I went and saw my Dr its been 7wks since my D&C and still no AF. The Dr explained that he would like to do a preg test and if I was negative wanted to give me the flu vaccine as I usually get it in April but couldnt as I was preg then and as Im in the high risk catagory wanted me to get it. So I did the urine test, logically knowing that 2wks ago I had an internal U/S & wasnt preg then so more than likely I wouldnt be but when the I saw the word negative it hit me like I didnt expect it too, I just started sobbing perfusely, I was so shattered I felt like Id lost a baby again, maybe it was cos it was the first test Ive done since the miscarriage but it has just floored me. I feel like I cant do this anymore but in the same way I HAVE to have a child. And to add insult to injury the Dr also informed me that I have ANOTHER infection, he is unsure if it is the same one reaccuring or if its a new one but long story short -more anti biotics, more time to wait before we can TTC and more time before we get a BFP, I just cant cope its all too much. Now I just want af to come cos now im devestated im not preg but also really concerned about my body I have developed infection after infection since my D&C and a cyst and have yet to see AF, I kind of think 'what have I done to my body?'

I just want any advice, what do you tell yourself to get you through this? Im hoping this is just a low point and in a few days I will be back to normal but I just feel like its never ending.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My sweetheart. I am sorry you are having a horrible time. I have no advice for you with how you are feeling with your M/C and D&C, but with the wait (which feels like forever) to start ttc again, i can be of assistance!!!!

You need to find something to focus on, a short term goal that will take your mind (not completly i realise) of the wait to ttc. Between my 1st failed ivf cycle and the start of cycle 2, i joined a gym, and got a personal trainer and did a 30 day challenge.......which i am still doing atm. It has helped SO much i wish i had done this with all the waiting for FS appointments, scans, tests, ect...... Find something special that you can do just for you.

I hope you are feeling better sweetie.
    Some special TTC dust for you!

*AINS*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    to you Jamaica

Ains has very good advice - short term goals are a great way to distract yourself. And also, once you have achieved them you get to pat yourself on the back and feel better about yourself. Fitness and being healthy is particularly good as it has the double advantage of getting your body into the best possible shape to nurture a little bubby....And being healthy does make you feel good.

But it is hard - like you, I am incredibly keen to be pregnant again and while my AF did come back a month after a D&C and I have not had any issues - I was very disappointed that it didn't work last cycle.

So I try and keep focused on the positive energy - I will get pregnant again, I will keep my body in good shape for that and it WILL HAPPEN....

But lots of baby dust for you and whenever you need to vent you know were to come!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jamaica... i'm sorry to hear that your having such a hard time... i can't pretend that i know what its like cause ive only just started ttc, but...

I think AINS has good advice! Develop a goal for the short term to try and take your mind of the waiting.. gym is always great cause u can get the endorphins kicking and have your body in top shape for when the time is right!

It will happen Jamaica... and in the mean time we are all hear to support you on the bad days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thanks everyone, especially ains, ive started working out this week and my butt is killing me so thats a good sign lol but Im just finding it draining atm.
    Im trying to start a new thought process, Im thinking well if i get Af for a couple of cycles it means that my health (in theory) is back on track and then after that if im not pregnant it will only be a few cycles of TTC for a yr at which time we can start tests if neccesary, its kinda negative to think like that but it gives me a little hope, like worst case by then we will be able to do something.
    Think I need a new hobby tho to keep my mind occupied mite try and get into some reading.