+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question choosing a boys name is more difficult

Hi we are tyring to pick a name for "the bump" and have narrowed it down to one of a few girls names, but somehow can't find any boys names we both agree on - why is it so much more difficult?

Girls choices are
    Abbey
    Amber
    Chloe
    Nina
    Sophie
    Erin

Boys names so far....
    possible Ethan but even that's a bit to like "oh I named my bub after Ethan Hawke- the filmstar" and I'm not even sure I like that one anymore.

Anybody fancy helping out, middle initial will be "R" and Surname "S". so obviously we don't want initials ARS!!

Nicki

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Nicki
    I know how hard it can be to choose boys names, it gets even harder the second tiume when you already have a girls name picked out frim the last time and need to find another boys name. We named our first son Logan Micheal Christian and we are having another boy so i think so have settled on Chase Ashton Lucas. both boys have 2 middle names becuase i do.
    I hope this helps.

Kristen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Nicki,
    I agree on ARS, but would watch out for IRS and ORS (maybe horsey?) if I were you . I think a strong consonant makes a good initial for a boy, like "K", "J", "M" and "B"? I don't know if that matches any thoughts you have but if you do choose an initial first then those baby name websites can provide the rest sometimes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default My poor baby

I have just realised that calling my second son what we want is going to leave him with the initials CALF....... I know thats not that bad but hopefully it wont be something he will hate us for in the future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love the name Declan! always wanted this for a boy but had 2 girls instead. I think Ethan is okay but very popular now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i actually found it easier to think of boys names, i could never think of any girls names that i really loved and when i found out i was actually having a girl it wasnt till a few wks before she was born that i was able to come up with some girls names that i loved, i knew from the beginning though that if she was a boy she would have been Flynn

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi Dessertres, sorry i think i just spelled that horribly wrong.... i wouldn't worry too much about the initials calf, my full name is melanie alison desmond leaving me with m.a.d. something i was always accused of being!
    also being a teacher makes it really easy to knock names off the list... i've had some students who were real horrors so don't want their names!
    Last edited by mel; 04-06-2005 at 20:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nicki,

Totallly sympathise with you, I am 38 weeks at moment & still have not decided on a boys name. If the bump is a boy, we are in trouble. I have a book at home with 94,000 names, it has just confused the matter to no end.

I liked Dylan for a quiet a few weeks then I went completely off it, I think I like Joshua now & my hubby likes Jackson (I would prefer just jack) what do you all think?

I like the name Ethan. Speaking from experience, having a popular name (Kylie) has had absolutely no ill effects on me, well at least that is how I have justified my decision to call our bump "Ella" if it is a girl, as this name is becoming reasonably common.

Ky79

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default boys names

Hi guys

I am pregnant with second and having boy name issues. Our son (14 mths) is Samuel James and i think we have decided on Ethan also for this bub (if its a boy) but we are not 100% sure, i like Jacob (Jake) too but our nephew is Jack so i think too similar.
    Hopefully bub will be a girl because we are 100% sure on Charlotte Isobel

Good luck to all

Tracey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there!

Just a few other names I thought I'd throw in too ....

Jaxon/Jackson
    Hunter
    Levi
    Harper
    Jaspar
    Lachlan
    Xander
    Louis
    Cooper
    Nicholas