+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    create tracing words for learning to write

http://www.mymoondrops.com/info/spelling.html#

Thanks
    Reviews

Thumbs up Great List of Homeschooling links

Looks like you have been building up some good links. I'm a big fan of home schooling as an option over public schools, so when I come into a forum and see posts like this I get a bit over excited really

and when I get excited I start...

Keep up the good work all
    Last edited by Shakeyshake; 28-05-2009 at 19:25. Reason: advertising

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    An Australian book??

I don't suppose you could PM me with the authors name () so I can find a copy, I love reading things like that! Most I can find however are usually American.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtel View Post
    Looks like you have been building up some good links. I'm a big fan of home schooling as an option over public schools, so when I come into a forum and see posts like this I get a bit over excited really

and when I get excited I start...

Keep up the good work all
    I've just googled your book and it looks like an interesting read. I read a few of your articles on homeschooling on American Daily and I love your passion for home education! Your article "America's Public Schools --- Deteriorating Like They Did In Ancient Rome" was very good and is actually an argument that I've used many times with others.

And although it's American based I think that from what I've read it still has a lot to offer us Aussie parents

I'll have to see if I can track down a copy of it.
    Last edited by Shakeyshake; 28-05-2009 at 19:24. Reason: deleted advertised txt

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Joel Turtel

Our countries are very good at using each others approaches to public services when they give true indication of saving money. Even if there is a slight decrease in performance the money saving can be justified in certain peoples eyes.

A UK website which is very good for all subjects is http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/
    It might be a refreshing alternative to using the same websites over and over again.

Thank you
    Joel Turtel
    Last edited by Shakeyshake; 28-05-2009 at 19:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the bbc link.

I found this one which seem to be the one for primary aged students:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/ks3bitesize/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw glad you liked it there is a few resources on Bitesize that are really good and click with kids for some reason.

I got warned about my post because its advertising my website which is a shame. Well moderated forum which is good but I do try to help and being an Author of a single book is not much of a business! Put my life into it and get satisfaction back.

Good enough for and old man like me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! So much resource! Thank you all so much.
    We have been using beestar. Itís a website for primary student offering many cool weekly exercises of math, vocabulary, reading, etc. Pretty great.
    http://www.beestar.org/index.jsp
    Lisa

Thanks
    Reviews
    Joyous Learning - Oz site that also has a great forum which (among other things) facilitates regular face-to-face homeschool meetups in some places.

The focus is on natural learning / unschooling, though other home ed styles are also catered for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for the great resources.and I would like to add one:www.beestar.org. it offers online programs,such as Math, ELA, Vocabulary, Science, and etc. the math is free.it is really easy to get.

Lisa