+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Me 2

There was a thread on here asking for people's email addresses etc i thought that was odd and no way was i adding mine 2 it, you never know where these will get passed onto and into

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep I recently removed my link to E's website my pictures of her are just that mine!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LA62
    Me 2
    There was a thread on here asking for people's email addresses etc i thought that was odd and no way was i adding mine 2 it, you never know where these will get passed onto and into

It is not just email addresses being passed on that one should be careful of sharing. The most commonly used passwords are memorable dates (birthdays / anniversaries) names (first, last, childrens,partners etc) followed by favourite items and things within eyeshot of the computer.

Although i generally use random letter number sequences i still never answer those

"whats your .......",
    where did you..... or
    if you could have" type threads on any board.

It is not necessarily the person posting the quesion, but anyone who views the answers could easily access your other online accounts.

Think about it, when was the last time you changed your MSN or yahoo "secret question" was it before or after posting about your favourite pets or where you grew up, what school you went to etc etc etc ?

I think someone also mentioned security settings that only allow those on your msn list to access photo's?

A single google search for msn add-ons will lead you to links that explain how to add yourself without showing as a contact or waiting for approval. Unless your a security expert the only really safe way to share personal photo's with family and friends is to splurge on the 10 cents to print them and 45c to post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its such a shame that the minority can ruin it for the magority
    But, It's best to be safe!!

Mischief is offline Love. Dream. Laugh. The shadows simply mean the sun is shining!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    This is the very reason that I have a website for my son, but it is password protected and the only people who have access to the password are family and close friends. Plus I dont put nude pictures of him on it anyway!

Moonblossom, I agree with you. Ads make me cringe too that have nude or semi nude children on them. Some sickos out there are enjoying that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i too have a security check on my webpage but i just went on it and right clicked and pressed print.. and out poured photos of coby

off i go to delete them!! they arent nude or anything but still.. i dont want any sickos with photos of my lil man

RoarsomeMum is offline Right to speak, responsibility to listen..
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ditto what everyone here has said..
    As a survivor, i applaud all the parents here. Why run the risk.

I hate thoes baby commercials, and actually complained to the company. Im not sure how much good it will do, but if you stop buying the product, and inform the company they have lost your business because of the add.. Bub hub is a big place with strong people. it may have an effect..

our little treasures is offline Gorgeous family wonderful friends <3 life!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't have a pic site either..

Also I thought I was the only one who worried about those little bubbas and the nudie commercials!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    its so sad to see how the world is nothing is safe anymore !! it scares me sometimes what world im bringing my baby into !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i totally agree not only because of sickos but also identity fraud so that's why Ive changed my sig so my lads names are not included and my avatar you cant be to careful scary world out there . i was looking up funny pictures and found one of a baby boy squeezing the life out of his little willy as they do and although i thought thats got to hurt and i remember my lads doing that i was shocked some one would post that for the whole world to see and i wanted to report it but no way of contacting the web page owners to say take it off